4G LTE??

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Will the Droid X2 be a 4G phone? I wouldn't think so considering the bionic is right around the corner?

1966cah

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It's such a huge disappointment. My wish list for my next phone was 1G RAM, dual-core tegra, and a big screen. I was all set on the X2, and then Verizon announced 4G to my area this year. Now I'll end up with the Bionic with half the RAM instead to get 4G speed :(

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
4G LTE no enough to be decision maker for any phone. Dual core, you bet. Bring on the DX2.

5G.....if it is actually 5G, hell, even real 4G would be a game changer.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
It's such a huge disappointment. My wish list for my next phone was 1G RAM, dual-core tegra, and a big screen. I was all set on the X2, and then Verizon announced 4G to my area this year. Now I'll end up with the Bionic with half the RAM instead to get 4G speed :(

And if the Bionic is cancelled or substantially delayed as has been rumored, I guess the Galaxy SII will have to do (assuming VzW gets it before the end of September).

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
VZW has really dropped the ball having one phone for its new 4G network. That or HTC paid a ton of money for an exclusive. I really, really want this phone...but the more I read about VZW having its 4G network complete by 2013 the more I can't justify paying $200 for this. If, and I strongly doubt, it is $150 (with my old school $50 off new phone)...then I might really consider it. Thoughts?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
VZW has really dropped the ball having one phone for its new 4G network. That or HTC paid a ton of money for an exclusive. I really, really want this phone...but the more I read about VZW having its 4G network complete by 2013 the more I can't justify paying $200 for this. If, and I strongly doubt, it is $150 (with my old school $50 off new phone)...then I might really consider it. Thoughts?

What drop the ball? They are doing a staggered rollout to prevent any major issues with the network.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Stop. The Bionic has DDR2, which is significantly faster than the DDR1 that the Atrix has.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
And if the Bionic is cancelled or substantially delayed as has been rumored, I guess the Galaxy SII will have to do (assuming VzW gets it before the end of September).

September at the earliest. But the Targa will be rolling out in August I'd guess.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
DX II - 1gb ram and 1ghz dual core. To me that beats the bionic. 4g is not that big yet. besides i'm usually always in an area with wifi so not an issue for me. for other, it may be.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
DX II - 1gb ram and 1ghz dual core. To me that beats the bionic. 4g is not that big yet. besides i'm usually always in an area with wifi so not an issue for me. for other, it may be.

This is my take too. If the targa really has all of the battery life issues worked out when it ships (/cough as the bionic) I might consider it if tiered data plans haven't rolled out, but otherwise it's a DX2 or else a developer phone for me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Well it is having issues and needs roll out slowly. Glad there are still decent 3G phones. I live in a 4G area but not ready for the plunge yet.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
O
Well it is having issues and needs roll out slowly. Glad there are still decent 3G phones. I live in a 4G area but not ready for the plunge yet.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

You might also want to consider that Verizon's 4g plan has unlimited data at the moment.And it almost certainly looks like Verizon will goto to tiered data plans with caps this summer?

If you plan on sticking with Verizon? You might want to lock yourself into an unlimited 4G plan and be grand fathered in(ala AT&T) when the tiered plans take affect...

And speaking from experience. With 4g you will most likely burn through
Data more than 5 times the amount as 3g.

When I had 3g only? Lucky if I used .5-.7 GB a month.
With 4g I use anywhere from 7-15 GB a month.

It's like going from dial up to broad band.

Last edited: