Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which device are you coming from?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Droid

26 20.63%
  • Samsung Fascinate

8 6.35%
  • Droid Incredible

7 5.56%
  • Droid X

20 15.87%
  • Other Verizon Android Device

15 11.90%
  • Blackberry

28 22.22%
  • Another carrier (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile)

7 5.56%
  • Other Verizon Phone (Besides Android/Blackberry)

15 11.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default Which device are you ditching for the X2?

Now that the X2 has a release date, which device will you are you new X2 owners going to be coming from?

I was surprised by the size of the bar for people switching from blackberry until I noticed only three people had voted. I sure will miss the mute button on my storm but I am definitely looking forward to a phone with enough memory for more than a handfull of apps, usable gps, and quicker start up.

Coming from someone who works for verizon, I don't see this launching this month. We have yet to hear anything or see anything for it. Its already may 15th.. So dont get your hopes up.

ROM
    Eclipse

Apparently you forgot about us LG enV Touch users. That's what I'm switching from and when I get the X2 and I'm going to smash my enV with a sledge hammer!

Hey droidfanx2, can u video that so i can watch?? That would be amazing to watch hahahahaha

And by the way, im ditching the iphone 4, id love to have a 4g phone but i dont have 4g here yet and im so tired of this iphone lol, so dual core, qhd, ill take it lol

Swapping out an LG Env Touch as well.

Absolutely the worst phone I've owned. I might try to sell it on eBay or shoot it with my Remington 870.

I'll have to see what they're going for on eBay to see what it might be worth to just shoot. Maybe I'll film the ceremonial shooting with my new Droid X2!

Maybe that's why LG called it an "Env"

Because if you own the LG Env Touch, you'll be Envious of everyone else!

Yeah, I'm switching from an env 3. This is going to be a huge upgrade for me. Fuuu I may have to steal my fathers upgrade...I can not wait til' june 16th!

Thinking about switching from my evo since I don't use 4g or the front facing camera that often so I won't be missing much. I think my main reason is I wanna switch to verizon before they switched to tiered pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by DROIDFANX2 View Post
    Apparently you forgot about us LG enV Touch users. That's what I'm switching from and when I get the X2 and I'm going to smash my enV with a sledge hammer!
    I'll B diving in from a LG Dare!!...culture shock >.< thought about going all "office space" on it but, my daughter likes the draw pad.

ROM
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Hey droidfanx2, can u video that so i can watch?? That would be amazing to watch hahahahaha
    Haha, not a bad idea!! I might decide to do it and record it off the X2. I'll be sure to send you a link or something if if I do.

Im switching from a env touch. I might stick the phone in my exhaust and launch it with my 2step. Though verizon says i will get $30 if i trade it in

I find it hard to believe thet even employee's of verizon do not know that the x2 is in peoples hands already, PPPlease people

ditched the x for the x2 simple

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubeleive View Post
    I find it hard to believe thet even employee's of verizon do not know that the x2 is in peoples hands already, PPPlease people
    I second that. Called verzion store on Thursday night and they were just activating the demo. They did not even know if it was a pre-sale online order for deliver or a pre-order to be shipped later. Called best buy next and the initial rep did not know about them, transferred me cell phone rep and they were there ready from me to buy. I called around on Friday and verizon stores told me they could only order it like i could online. Went to best buy got it. Went into the verizon store today to get my holster for it and they felt kinda embarrassed when they saw my X2 and got me my holster right away and out the door.

I switched from the T-Mobile nexus s. Though it was a good phone, tmo doesn't have great service in my area. The sales rep at best buy kept pushing me towards the charge because it has lte and a front facing cam. I explained to him that I've had 3 phones with video chat and have only used once to test it out. Its not really something that will be missed. I don't care for lte either at this time simple because the charge doesn't feel right in my hand and the thunderbolt is so boring looking.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Switching from Original Droid. Hoping that after GB is out, this phone will rock.

Sold Tbolt

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Replacing the original DX. for an X2...love the dual core and feel it's worth it.
    I have no need for a front facing camera nor am I a fan of Verizon LTE.
    I have a friend with a Thunderbolt and his web and download experience is not much different than mine.
    Not to mention his battery gets killed on the TB.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    No JDM

My wife is overwhelmed by the droid x2 compared to her old BBstorm 2 lol!

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I switched from original X to the X2, well worth the upgrade for me. I have always been a big fan of the X's design, the dual core Tegra makes thing s even better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

leaving the INC, had it for over a year - worked great, ready to move on

I will be switching from an LG Versa when my 2 years is up next week! Cant wait I am really tired of this phone.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Hi. I'm coming over from an Incredible. Got it on launch day and really loved it (it was my first touchscreen phone after a few Blackberrys). It's still a very good phone, but I just decided I wanted a bigger screen and didn't want the Thunderbolt due to the battery life issues and the heft of the device.

I was afraid I might really miss Sense because there are some things I really like about it (the scrolling calendar widget is top notch and I used it daily), but I spent a little time trolling the Droid X forum and the "post your screen" thread and figured I could find widgets and other goodies on the market to get me what I might miss.

Was also hoping that this phone would have excellent reception like the Motos I've had in the past. From time to time I thought the signal on the Incredible was a bit weak.

In addition to the bigger screen and signal, I just like gadgets and after a year with the Incredible, I just got a little restless...which says more about me than the phone
    "...and this is what not to do if a bird sh*ts on you"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast