DX2 Q's - Gorilla Glass? Bootloader?

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if they're gonna put Gorilla Glass in this one? That stuff has saved my arse on my D1's and D2's. Don't think it was on the last one, screen felt kinda.. plasticy??

Also, I'm assuming it does, but are we sure this one has a locked bootloader? Getting sick of waiting for a LTE/Dual core.

Thanks.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it has Gorilla Glass.

As for the bootloader, i think its 99.9% certain that it will be locked. That doesn't mean devs can't overclock it or put roms on it.

It just means we can't do any of the really difficult tweaking to the kernels and stuff.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure it it's always been there on Gorilla Glass, but this is advertised as having a dual-layer anti-glare coating. This concerns me a little in that I'm wondering if this will scratch or smudge or stain. I love the gorilla glass on my Droid.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure it it's always been there on Gorilla Glass, but this is advertised as having a dual-layer anti-glare coating. This concerns me a little in that I'm wondering if this will scratch or smudge or stain. I love the gorilla glass on my Droid.

I might be wrong but I think the coating is probably on the LCD screen itself and not the flass, just my 2 cents. I might be wrong though.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
is the screen pentile like the atrix?

Yes. Without a doubt. Thats one negative about it. It looks extremely crisp, but when you concentrate, you can see the little places where there is light or where there is not.

HOWEVER. This thing seems to look really nice under heavy light. I'll use it outdoors tomorrow and see what my thoughts are.