Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Anyone see/buy one at a store?

I have not searched too hard, but have come up empty. Anyone have luck finding one today?

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

going to pick mine up @ best buy brooklyn

What do you think?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Best Buy by my house didn't have one out and said they weren't selling them until next week.

I have talked to two different go wireless retailers in my area. one said they had 4 on order but no idea when they would arrive and the other said later this afternoon or tomorrow.

lol. I just got the call from go wireless that they just got them in and I will be going to pick it up in an hour. Will post a new message with thoughts and opinions shortly afterwords.

I picked one up at Best Buy this afternoon in Winston-Salem, NC. The store, however, didn't have a case, so I got one at a Verizon retail store. I found out the Verizon store began selling the phone this afternoon.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The Best Buy in Eagan, MN had 6 in stock as of 11:30AM this morning. (I was the 1st person to even ask them about the new phone).
    Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me.

~ Ski-U-Ma! ~

first impressions super light and very quick. The screen is gorgeous as well. more when I have time to actually set it up completely. still at work.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Just called local verizon and they were just activating their demo and would order me one online. Local best buy has them and will sell me one. Might have to make a trip there tomorrow. Looks like best buy is the way to go if you want it now.

Default bestbuy fsho

i used to work there so maybe they were more open to telling me but when i asked last night after seeing the tweets about it coming out i asked them about it. they said hell yes they have a bunch of units but dont anticipate moving any cause no one knows we have them. i said awesome. i went to the verizon store out of curiosity next door to ask them the same thing. none of the employees even knew what the phone was and had no idea when its release is. interesting. oh yeah and i successfully picked mine up today. lookin for games to test the proc out. any suggestions?

i used to work there so maybe they were more open to telling me but when i asked last night after seeing the tweets about it coming out i asked them about it. they said hell yes they have a bunch of units but dont anticipate moving any cause no one knows we have them. i said awesome. i went to the verizon store out of curiosity next door to ask them the same thing. none of the employees even knew what the phone was and had no idea when its release is. interesting. oh yeah and i successfully picked mine up today. lookin for games to test the proc out. any suggestions?

I took the plunge and ordered one from verizon with free overnight shipping.....My local best buy had them for sale but verizon offered me a free early upgrade (wasnt eligible till november)....They also gave me my choice of $50 dollars in accessories and 20% anything else.....I got the media dock with $50 and bought some other stuff...Im leaving my og droid with cyanogen 7 for this phone, hopefully i wont have to use my 14 day exchange policy.

i also left my cm7 d1 for this. was holding out for tegra2 proc

another impression of Droid X2. I keep wondering if I left my phone somewhere because it is so light and thin. After having a BB Storm for the last 2 years
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lowchef1 View Post
    I took the plunge and ordered one from verizon with free overnight shipping.....My local best buy had them for sale but verizon offered me a free early upgrade (wasnt eligible till november)....They also gave me my choice of $50 dollars in accessories and 20% anything else.....I got the media dock with $50 and bought some other stuff...Im leaving my og droid with cyanogen 7 for this phone, hopefully i wont have to use my 14 day exchange policy.
    Lowchef1. Did you order it thru a store or online yourself?

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by lowchef1 View Post
    Early upgrade? That is possible? My upgrade according to the My Verizon app is July 22. How do I get an early upgrade? I am not the main account holder if that makes any difference. I want the droid x2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Typing on my x2 as we speak. On screen keyboard is awesome. Bestbuy has them. So fight for it.
    G1 -> Droid (for about 2 months lol)-> Droid X2
    I'm a hardware guy, but android makes my Java skills feel useful

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Are there any instore demos? Just got a Droid Charge but I can't stand touchwiz... I might get this instead

ROM
    Stock

shocked to hear about and early upgrade. I just called them the other day asking if they had any early upgrades as a promo on new phones and he gave me the official Verizon line that they stopped offering them.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

What about the NFL app? Did it come preloaded with it? Does it run and can the video from it be run on the HDMI to a TV?
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

My local verizon store has them. My rep texted me earlierctodsy about it. I am probably gonna pass on this one at least for now because it shipps with froyo.
    Last edited by VZWRocks; 05-20-2011 at 03:32 AM.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Northern New Jersey- checked 2 Verizon stores( Livingston and E. Hanover), no X2 until next week.
    Best Buy in E. Hanover has the X2.

Took the plunge. Best Buy Dublin CA

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Miami, FL - Had one in hand look identical to the X, The VZ rep could not figure out how to get past the activation so i was unable to compare the X2 with 2.2 and my X with 2.3 but from the specs...no Front Cam no 4g..NO X2 for me pointless. I record alot of Vids of my kids, if the Thunder had an HMDI out I would of dropped my X for it. In the mean time Ill be waiting for an X with fromt Cam, 4g and the usual bells n ......
    Last edited by chrys7; 05-20-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast