Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Outlook Sync ?

will this phone sync right out of the box with outlook calander and contacts?
    or do i need to down load 3rd party app.

I don't think so. I had to export my outlook calendar and contacts as .csv files from outlook and import them into my gmail account. They imported seemlessly. I believe google has a program you can download on your laptop to sync your outllook calendar with the one in gmail.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks I was hoping that they had desktop sync program like HTC.

I downloadd Google Calendar Sync this morning on my laptop and it works great! The link to the download can be found at Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help. After downloading, I did a one-way sync from Outlook to my google calendar and then switched the software to a two-way sync. Since I originally imported the outlook calendar into google, I had to delete all the entries in the google calendar before initially syncronizing. Otherwise, I would have gotten duplicate entries in the Google calendar.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bhcohen7 View Post
    I downloadd Google Calendar Sync this morning on my laptop and it works great! The link to the download can be found at Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help. After downloading, I did a one-way sync from Outlook to my google calendar and then switched the software to a two-way sync. Since I originally imported the outlook calendar into google, I had to delete all the entries in the google calendar before initially syncronizing. Otherwise, I would have gotten duplicate entries in the Google calendar.
    so every time I use outlook does it sync with google automaticly or do i have to this all over every time
    I only use outlook not gcalander,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edgesalon View Post
    so every time I use outlook does it sync with google automaticly or do i have to this all over every time
    I only use outlook not gcalander,
    Thanks
    Yes, it will automatically sync from outlook to gcalendar. You can set the automatic sync frequency and you can also set a one-way sync from outlook to gcalendar. The sync frequency is initially set at every 120 minutes, but it can be adjusted down to a frequency of every 10 minutes.

Default There's no need to fear, easy sync is here!

Out of the box, it will not sync with Outlook Calendar and Contacts. However, you may visit www.syncdroid.net to find a lot of software that will do the job. They have a chart that lists the software, what it syncs (you just need to be sure it says Yes to Calendar and Contacts), how it syncs (USB, Wi-Fi, wireless), the prices (many free) and more. There is also a review of each software making it easier to pick what you like. Go forth and sync!

Default Re: Outlook Sync ?

Unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough to do a one-way sync and have double calendar entries on my droid x2.

I had previously sync'd my new Droid x2 to my Outlook calendar (I'm using exchange) while setting it up and then I noticed my new Outlook calendar events weren't sync'd to my Droid x2 calendar. I then downloaded the Google Calendar Sync and ran the tool. It worked in that I now see all the missing events from Outlook on my phone calendar BUT I now have duplicated entries.

How can I remove the duplicates?

Thanks for any input.

Default Re: Outlook Sync ?

I am using mobisynapse, it works for me and it supports Outlook contacts, task, calendar and notes sync. check it out: Mobisynapse, Android desktop manager, Android Outlook sync, Android PC sync