Gameloft Games Not available

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a way to successfully get their gameloft games on their new droid X2? If you try to go to the mobile site via the mobile browser, it defaults to the full website (no WAP version). If you go on your computer browser, Droid X2 is not available as a phone selection.

No replies from customer service. I bought Starfront Collision and Shadow Guardian (buy one get one free) with the anticipation of redownloading them to my droid x2 because of the recently changed Gameloft DRM policies.

I would think it would be pretty simple for them to have Droid X2 versions of the games, since the Atrix has been out so long and it has the same processor and same screen resolution... you would think they would have it ready BEFORE the launch. Maybe they're waiting till the 26th....

Really wanting to play some startfront collision...

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I sent them a note a few minutes ago about Asphalt 5. Will post the response.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Good on getting a real answer from them. They will likely tell you that the DX2 is not supported yet (despite the Atrix having the same display Res) and will then tell you they will update when they are done evaluating, blah, blah, blah.

I may just try to set my previous game purchases as if I have the Atrix and see if it works.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested any of my current .apks yet, but I will try a couple tonight when I'm near my wifi.
I went to gameloft's site and had them do the "automatic" test to determine my phone model. They sent me a text, I clicked the link and it said my phone was an iPhone. HA! Although it kinda makes sense, they probably use screen resolution as the main determining factor.

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
You can only redownload them again for free if you still have the same phone number and the same model phone. You upgrade your phone and you r sol unless they r in a good mood when you talk to them. The gameloft Rep told me this and so does the website. Hope they get support for dx2 soon

hackthis02

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Since Hero Of Spata worked, I'm going thru and testing all the different types of the games.(PowerVR, SnapDragon, Galaxy S) to see which, if any work.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You can only redownload them again for free if you still have the same phone number and the same model phone. You upgrade your phone and you r sol unless they r in a good mood when you talk to them. The gameloft Rep told me this and so does the website. Hope they get support for dx2 soon

Actually, this policy has recently changed, which is why I started pestering them with my new phone :) The changes to this policy are not yet reflected on the website though, which may be part of the problem.
Gameloft Changes Their Policy On Games In The Android Market

I tried my Shadow Guardian .apk with no luck. It installed fine, downloaded the SD card assets fine, but would force close every time before even getting to the start screen.

I sent another email today listing all the problems I've been having. It's strange because usually they respond within a few days, and It's been a week since I sent my original emails. I wonder if they're holding off on replying until they get it straightened out. I've also been calling them out on twitter to try and get a response :p

thehunterofshadows

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little upset right now. I'm going to email them as well, but gameloft needs to get on the ball with their support. I will not/should not have to buy a game more than once, for life!
And, let me try it on my new phone, if it doesn't work, that's on me. Hopefully said game will be updated, but if not, that's fine, but don't block me from trying.

Only real soultion is for Steam to enter the mobile world.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Boys and girls, news, yet it means we have to remain patient:

Unfortunately, your Android device is not supported. Our development team is constantly working to bring new games to all platforms and we forward them all your suggestions. We do not currently have any specific information to share about release of games for your device, but be sure to follow our Twitter or like us on Facebook so that you'll be the first to about these changes. All our new game announcements are available there in real time, so stay tuned!

If your device is not supported, please do not try downloading a game which is not for your specific phone model. Each game is built for one particular device. If your phone is not listed, it's no use trying to get another game build. It will not work and it is not meant to work.

Please get back to me if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Oksana Singur
Customer Care Agent

And heres a snippet from a separate question:

Even if they were there and you upgraded your phone you wouldn't be able to re-Dl them from there as the system would recognize you as a new phone (new IMEA, Firmware etc.) In either way you'd have to contact us for new links to DL. Hopefully soon this will be fixed and you won't have to e-mail us every time and we won't have to send all customers all and each games manually. ))

If you have any question you are always welcome to contact us.

So make of it what you will. Don't go buying anything if you need to save money :(

Last edited:

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate you posting this!
I have tried multiple times to contact someone and have been completely ignored, so I'm glad they're responding to others. Maybe I pissed them off with my constant emails :p

I hope this phase doesn't take long, considering the Droid X2 is almost exactly the same internally as the Atrix, which is already supported.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If I had a guess, they are either doing some major QA testing, or don't see a huge rush with gingerbread right around the corner, since Gingerbread has a slightly better system for games. I havent developed for it yet so I don't know too much about it.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If I had a guess, they are either doing some major QA testing, or don't see a huge rush with gingerbread right around the corner, since Gingerbread has a slightly better system for games. I havent developed for it yet so I don't know too much about it.

Hmmm, the gingerbread thing makes sense. It would also explain the poor support for the Motorola Atrix. I hope you're right!

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally heard back from my 18 message long conversation with Gameloft:

"Hello Sir

I'm glad to know how much pleasure our games bring you.

I'm afraid your phone is not supported yet but I guess it will be quite soon and I'll be able to re-send you all of the games again.

Those games that are missing, I'll send you later when your phone is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding "My Downloads". If some or all of your purchased games are not displayed but you'd like to re-download them again, we can re-send you the game(s) for free again. Please note that we can not make any amendments to your account and "My Downloads", in particular.

If you get your phone replaced by your carrier, you will not see the games you previously bought in ?My Downloads? section.

You need to contact our Customer Support and we will resend you your games.

If there is anything else I can assist you with today, please let me know.

Best regards,

-------------------------------
Alexander Moroz"

So at least they're aware of the phone... :p

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally heard back from my 18 message long conversation with Gameloft:

"Hello Sir

I'm glad to know how much pleasure our games bring you.

I'm afraid your phone is not supported yet but I guess it will be quite soon and I'll be able to re-send you all of the games again.

Those games that are missing, I'll send you later when your phone is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding "My Downloads". If some or all of your purchased games are not displayed but you'd like to re-download them again, we can re-send you the game(s) for free again. Please note that we can not make any amendments to your account and "My Downloads", in particular.

If you get your phone replaced by your carrier, you will not see the games you previously bought in ?My Downloads? section.

You need to contact our Customer Support and we will resend you your games.

If there is anything else I can assist you with today, please let me know.

Best regards,

-------------------------------
Alexander Moroz"

So at least they're aware of the phone... :p

Gameloft is starting to scare me as one of those EA clones. They have money, they make money. Also, I read somewhere (I think it was FISHLABS forums), that as part of some deal with testing on devices or something they are required to also develop for the Xperia Play before any other phones on VZW.

AKA We might be able to blame the delay on VZW. I find there is a lot we can blame on them. Like bloatware.

Reactions: cromag.rickman

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Gameloft is starting to scare me as one of those EA clones. They have money, they make money. Also, I read somewhere (I think it was FISHLABS forums), that as part of some deal with testing on devices or something they are required to also develop for the Xperia Play before any other phones on VZW.

AKA We might be able to blame the delay on VZW. I find there is a lot we can blame on them. Like bloatware.

I would not put it past Verizon at all to strike up a deal like that to try and boost the campaign to counteract Xperia Play's lackluster hardware. Oh Verizon, how we love to hate you. And yet, for me at least, they are the only option. I think they know that ;)

On a related note, I was happy to hear that Sprint is releasing the Motorola Photon with the Tegra 2 processor. The more devices with Tegra 2, the better the support. I'm a little worried that it might be passed over quicker than usual with the fanfare over the Tegra 3 and the other manufacturer's dual-core offerings. My hope lies with Gingerbread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol