Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Old android market on DX2

Is anyone using the old android market app after activating the droid x2? How do I download the new market place app?

It updated on a reboot for me. Idk how or why.
    G1 -> Droid (for about 2 months lol)-> Droid X2
    I'm a hardware guy, but android makes my Java skills feel useful

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Mine updated after rebooting for me too. As well as updated software. Give a reboot a shot.

X

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Had to reboot my phone three times for it to finally update. Thanks for the help

Default Old Market Fix

I tried rebooting 4 times, nothing happened, so, went into the Applications menu on the phone, force stopped, as well as clear data, then restarted it, initially it was still old, but the second time I ran it was new app. Hope this helps!

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow303 View Post
    I tried rebooting 4 times, nothing happened, so, went into the Applications menu on the phone, force stopped, as well as clear data, then restarted it, initially it was still old, but the second time I ran it was new app. Hope this helps!
    OK, now on a replacement X2 and it wouldn't update the Market app. Here's the fix... Settings/Applications/All apparently - Select the Market app and delete its data. Power cycle your phone and access the Market. It updated on the second attempt.

Hope that helps.

X

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk