Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Icons on home screens change on reboot

It seems like everytime I reboot my phone some of the icons on my home screens go to a default folder with a gear in the middle of it..

The only way I have found to fix it is to remove them and replace them from the app drawer with the right ones..
    The programs still work with a "system folder" but doesn't look good..

I have also added 2 gmail labels on my home screen and labeled them the 2 different gmail accounts.
    Also when I reboot the phone the labels change to gmail and not what they were named.
    I have to do the same as above to change them back as there is no way for me to rename them..

HMM, anyone else having this issue??

Happens to me too. Skype, ebuddy, pulse news, and Pandora shortcuts disappear after reboot.

As an experiment, I pulled ebuddy off the SD card and rebooted. The shortcut survived this time. Will try with the others...

Luck to you

I've had the same problem. Everytime i reboot my phone it changes certain icons but i did find out it only changed the icons that were saved on the SD card. Not a huge deal but still very annoying. Wish there was a quick fix for that that still allowed me to save the apps to the SD card.