Would the X2 work for me?

prodigy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving down to Miami and will get 4G coverage. I played around with the phones at Verizon, and preferred the Charge to this, but didn't hate it.

I text a lot, make a good amount of phone calls, browse the internet/email, etc.

On the other side, I probably won't do any rooting or anything like that (open to it though), not a big gamer, not on the phone all the time, won't have a million apps, not big on pics/video, etc.

So would this work for me, should I get the Charge, or keep waiting? This will be my first Droid, if that helps.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm moving down to Miami and will get 4G coverage. I played around with the phones at Verizon, and preferred the Charge to this, but didn't hate it.

I text a lot, make a good amount of phone calls, browse the internet/email, etc.

On the other side, I probably won't do any rooting or anything like that (open to it though), not a big gamer, not on the phone all the time, won't have a million apps, not big on pics/video, etc.

So would this work for me, should I get the Charge, or keep waiting? This will be my first Droid, if that helps.
Ok, so, the charge has pretty decent battery life from what I read, and yes it does have 4G which will be a plus for you.

The DX2 is about raw power. Meaning games, powerful apps, and process hungry tasks- like HDMI mirroring, run with general smoothness.

If you are looking for something in terms of a good starter Droid, the Charge would be pretty good. There is also the HTC Merge available some places (not at VZW stores), and has a nice physical keyboard and relatively good battery-life.

Other than that, the Charge fits what you describe best. However, that being said, I myself would wait a tad bit longer for the phones releasing this summer with 4G, namely the Droid Bionic.

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok you've convinced me you need a smartphone. Any smartphone will do those things. No need to wait. Choose the one you feel does them well. If there is no difference in your mind in how each device does those things, choose the one that is cheapest. Might as well go 4G as having that feature will give a better shot at a good browsing experience.

If there is more to your decision than you've let on (like using the phone as a statement of who you are or just liking a certain brand) go with your gut.

4g choices: thunderbolt/charge/revolution... I'd try handling a revolution and find out its battery life before deciding. Go Charge if either is unnappealing. ('bolts battery life is not as good as the charge)

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Since you do a lot of messaging I wish I knew were to point you in the direction of the HTC Merge.It's physical keyboard would make it easier for you.Otherwise,I agree about the Charge.Best battery life out of the box of any of Verizon's LTE phones so far.Plus you can toggle off LTE to get even better battery life.Typing on a 4+" touchscreen is the next best thing to a real KB.

prodigy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I can do without the physical key board. I'm by no means a speedster. I was moving real well on the Charge, but I seemed to have a TON of spelling mistakes on the X2, probably because of my fat fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781