Turning off LED Notifier for Gmail/Email

MadDog_

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Droid X2 and am new to Android, coming from iPhone.

Is there a way to turn off the LED notifier for new Gmail/Email? It's a distraction for me given the volume of mail I get.

If there's a way to set it, it's not obvious to me. Thank you.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
not a way to do it on device unless want to switch off your email/gmail notifications all together. try an app called "light flow". dont know how well it works, but they have a free version, so its worth a shot

MadDog_

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I switched off Email notifications within the Gmail app, but the light kept flashing. It's like waving a shiny coin in front of my face and I don't need to know that email's waiting for me.

I downloaded Light Flow (free) and am trying that now. Thanks for the lead on this.

tbenedict

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
This is bugging me too. Haven't tried turning Gmail notifications off altogether, I just want to turn the blue LED off so it isn't flashing me in the middle of the night (or change the color).

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I turn my phone screen side down at night. I keep it on my bed though, and, it muffles the speaker, which doesn't make for a good alarm clock. I found that by turning it screen side down, I can hear the speaker better, and, then I don't see the annoying blinking light. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois