1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wireless connection problem

We have Netgear WNSAP330 wireless access points and when I try to use them for connection via WiFi it says obtaining an address then after 30 secords or so it goes to disable every time I try to connect to them. One of them is using web the others are wpa/wpa2. Anyone having problems with wireless working. At home I have a netgear wireless router that works just fine.
    I had a similar problem with my droidx but only if the access here at work used wpa/wpa2, wep would work just fine.
    I got the droidx2 as a replacement for a broken droidx they were out of them., a nice bonus .

thanks

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jemalone View Post
    We have Netgear WNSAP330 wireless access points and when I try to use them for connection via WiFi it says obtaining an address then after 30 secords or so it goes to disable every time I try to connect to them. One of them is using web the others are wpa/wpa2. Anyone having problems with wireless working. At home I have a netgear wireless router that works just fine.
    I had a similar problem with my droidx but only if the access here at work used wpa/wpa2, wep would work just fine.
    I got the droidx2 as a replacement for a broken droidx they were out of them., a nice bonus .

thanks

Jack
    The wireless should work fine with that router. You might have to go into the settings on your router and change the WPA Type to use WPA2 Mixed. Also make sure your channel bandwidth is set to auto (20/40 MHZ)

the "obtaining ip address" for a bit before dropping has happened to me before on a different device, and it was only because i had the wrong password. could try changing password type as he mentioned, or turning off the password and try connecting, which on that note have you been able to connect to other wireless networks? if so they have password or open?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have been able to connect to two other networks without a problem, at home at a friends house. I have both web and wpa/wpa2 on the access points here at work and can not connect to either of them. If I get the change to try out the no password I will do that today or it might have to wait until after I get back from vacation.

Thanks for the ideals.

just played around with my (crappy) verizon fios router here at home. all types of authentication/password worked for me. you wouldn't have MAC filtering on would you? where you have to allow each device to connect within the router settings. sorry for no help. while you mentioned at work also, try pairing with an IT guy if you can and play around with things. If they're bored they may be down to help. i wouldn't suggest messing too much with your router if you don't know what some of the settings may do.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm one of the IT guys here at work. We are not using Mac Filtering at all. I'm planning to check for firmware updates for the access points when I get back off of vacation to see if there is one for these access points. Thanks for the reply.

Jack