Think I may have fried my battery...

xocarrie

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
So, on Monday night I fell asleep with my phone charging under my pillow. When I woke up the next morning I found my droid to be extremely hot, that it had stopped charging at 40% and the BatteryLife application read "Overheat".

I immediately unplugged my phone and let it cool off. I then charged it to 100% and headed out to a baseball game. Within one hour and only using my phone to send four texts and make one 5 minute phone call, my battery had gone down to 40%. My phone completely drained to 0% within the next 2 hours and powered itself off.

My question is, could the battery have gotten fried/damaged from overheating? Not sure what else it could be, but I don't know if this is possible either...

Thanks.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would charge it up again. I love my droid as much as you, but don't sleep with it this time. LOL. And, see how it does after that.

If that does not work, it should be covered under warranty.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hahaha I'm in college and have a top bunk so I don't have much choice unfortunately :(
Sorry to say you are going to need a new battery. That's under the warranty anyways, go to a VZW store(not a kiosk at a mall) and tell them about the battery drain (dont mention sleeping with the droid episode as their looks might cause you to have a nervous breakdown !!).:p

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
will that count as my one phone replacement?
NO. A defective battery does not fall under a phone replacement structure. They should NOT be telling you to use the "insurance routine". Motorola has a one year warranty on their phones, yours is covered under that warranty, so don't worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay