1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the built-in Facebook..

supposed to get updated to 1.2? or do we have to donwload the one off the Marketplace and have 2 facebook apps?

Mines not showing as an update is available, but I have the one that came with the Droid.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm pretty sure that if you want the updated version, you need to install the one from the market.

Mine updated on its own....

I had to go an download the updated one from the market.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

For me I downloaded the one on the market once, and from then on everytime I go on the market and I need an update, I update it!

I went to the market and downloaded it, and it replaced my "built-in" facebook. It can now update as it normally would as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So you have 1 FB icon ??
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

The market one is the same file as the one installed, so when you install it you will replace the currently installed one. Therefore you will end up with only 1 icon.

wow i didn't know that sweetness!

hopefully next time there is an update, the notifications will actually work!

Quote Originally Posted by watersrules View Post
    hopefully next time there is an update, the notifications will actually work!
    I found out when I was doing this that there were also updates for Google Sky Maps and the Weather Channel that I didn't get notified on either. Kind of annoying.

FB rock on Droid