Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any early feedback from Droid to Incredible users, worth the switch ?

I am anxious to hear from any Droid users who have jumped over to the Incredible.

Are you happy with the Incredible, pro/con's?

I haven't felt the Incredible yet, but I like the form factor, from the pictures I've seen and also the reduced weight.

I have 2 weeks to decide ( within my 30 day period) whether or not to exchange for the Incredible and I am torn.

There are both awesome phones, no doubt... but....

Can anyone give any first had feedback or experience on going from the Droid to the Incredible ?

The Incredible won't be released until the 29th.
    We should see feedback then
    GenericMessage

One guy in the incredible forums claims he got his.
    Roy Aguilera

Several members have their incredibles already.
    As far as better its too early to tell. The Droid is an awesome phone.
    Faster yes. Better Maybe.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yea incredible def faster and more ram/rom but is it better all depends on your definition of better.

I haven't felt the urge to jump ship from my Droid yet. It does everything I need it to do.

Mine is up and running and it puts my storm to shame. I LOVE it!! I'm not a hater of blackberry so don't take it there. I just really like this phone. The UI is amazing compared to the storm. still setting it up and getting used to it though.

Sorry. Just realized you were talking to Droid users. Whoops.

Incredible has a crap GPU and is bogged down with Sense. I like my phone to do more than scroll through spreadsheets smoothly, Droid for me. These Snapdragon phones are not worth my time, I'm going to get excited with I see a Cortex A9 powered phone.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......

Good comparison at Phone Arena

Conclusion:

So which Android device is best for you? It basically comes down to which features you believe to be the most important. The Motorola DROID has been around for nearly six months and has a large following. It was recently updated to Android 2.1 and has a nice TFT display, as well as a QWERTY keyboard (though not the best designed), and is constructed out of metal. On the other hand, the HTC Droid Incredible is hot off the plastic presses and comes with a beautiful AMOLED display, faster processor, HTC Sense UI, and an 8MP camera. Our advice is that if you are considering purchasing either one, try them both out in a store first, as heavy texters may gravitate to the Motorola due to the physical keyboard, but power-users may prefer the HTC because it is faster and has more personalization. But if you’re one of the thousands of current Motorola DROID owners, is it worth replacing it with the HTC Droid Incredible? Probably not, unless there is something about the HTC Droid Incredible that is a must-have for you.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Good comparison at Phone Arena
    Great summary. I agree the Droid in itself is great. I am one of the people who is within the 30 day window to exchange the phone... so trying to decide.

I guess I jumped the gun in this post, for some reason, I thought the Incredible was already out there.... sorry everyone.

What I hope the Incredible might bring is :

1. a little simpler user interface with Sense
    2. a lighter phone - I wear slacks for work and the Droid tends to hang down, due to the weight.
    3. I like the form factor of the of the Incredible... but some say if feels cheap.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
    4. The Incredible seems a little less wide, which might make texting easier ?
    5. I have heard the Incredible has a poor battery life.... I can live with a hour or so less life... but if it is really bad, that's a deal breaker.
    6. Finally, what about the screen in the daylight, now bad is it really ?

7. I just want a phone that feels good in my hand. Sometimes the Droid feels a little bulky.

Bottom line, I have to think they are both great phones.

Hopefully the reviews from Droid to Incredible users will come through soon.

Sorry everyone, if I jumped the gun on this one.

Jason.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvancouver View Post
    Great summary. I agree the Droid in itself is great. I am one of the people who is within the 30 day window to exchange the phone... so trying to decide.

I guess I jumped the gun in this post, for some reason, I thought the Incredible was already out there.... sorry everyone.

2. a lighter phone - I wear slacks for work and the Droid tends to hang down, due to the weight.
    3. I like the form factor of the of the Incredible... but some say if feels cheap.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
    5. I have heard the Incredible has a poor battery life.... I can live with a hour or so less life... but if it is really bad, that's a deal breaker.

7. I just want a phone that feels good in my hand. Sometimes the Droid feels a little bulky.

Jason.
    Its made out of the cheap AMoled that the N1 was made out of. So sadly, direct sunlight is a real killer
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Default Anyone got their hands on an Incredible yet? Is it Incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMessage View Post
    Its made out of the cheap AMoled that the N1 was made out of. So sadly, direct sunlight is a real killer
    I have 10 days to decide to keep my Droid and leap to the Incredible...anyone out there got the Incredible yet ?

What are your impressions of the Incredible ?

I got the inc yesterday from BB. Sold my droid on craigslist so i really didn't loose much money. when i first got the phone i was a little disappointed by the screen quality. the letters are not as crisp as they are on the droid. Other then that though i must say the inc is worth it if you have an upgrade or you dont mind shelling out the extra money. The camera alone is 50 times better then the droids. i might actually take pictures with my phone now. go check out the picture thread in the inc forum if you havent already. there sweet. i also like all of the added bonuses from htc. may not when google releases updates and im the last to get them but we will have to see.

make the switch..i say yes.

We'll have to see how it works out in the long run but I'd suspect that this will also increase the wait time for OS updates.

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

My bro just got his Incredible and it runs soo much better than my Droid that it upsets me. Mine lags to hell, doesn't work properly. I'm starting to dislike it.

I went to the Verizon store with every intention to buy one. However, Sense UI is nice and all, but I think it takes away from what an Android phone is. I may change my tune if it's rooted and I am able to flash a custom rom and NOT have Sense UI.
    The Pipester has spoken.

Nexus 5 (Rooted/Xposed/GravityBox)
    Nexus 7 (Stock)

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

is it really that much better than the droid, i mean the Droid is a beast of a phone. i really am glad that i got over the palm pre. can someone lay out a comparison of the specs?

I look at it like when Apple released the 3GS. If you had a 3G at the time, expect faster processor, more memory, and slightly better camera. That's what Droid to Incredible users should expect. You lose the keyboard but gain an AMOLED screen. I don't think its worth the full retail price if you have a droid.

However, I would like to see FM radio on the droid. If the incredible can do it the droid should be able to as well...

Having played for an extended period of time with the Incredible (and as the owner of a Droid) I have to agree with the earlier assessment that it is far from a must-switch.

The Incredible certainly is a snappy performer with the faster processor, but having put both the Droid and Incredible side-by-side, I actually think the Droid's screen is slightly better. With the brightness set at the same level and in indoor light, the Droid's display seems to be a bit cleaner.

For example, on a website with a dark background and white boxes for text, the edges of the white boxes on the Droid are straight and clean, while the edges of the boxes on the Incredible show a slight pixel effect. That effect was also visible throughout the white box while the Droid's screen showed no such pixelation. I also found that while the colors on the Incredible seemed to be a bit more vibrant, there was also a tendency for whites to look a bit blue.

I know I might be in the minority, but I actually do like the Sense UI, which adds some very nice features (which have been described in several reviews).

However I don't think the increased performance (which could also be addressed if you're willing to root your Droid and overclock the processor) and Sense make for a compelling reason yet to ditch the Droid and jump to the Incredible.

Now, if you're willing to jump to Sprint, the Evo may be an upgrade worth considering, especially since they have a program in place that will actually pay you for turning in your phone. At CTIA I was told that if I walked into a Sprint store and turned in my Droid I would get over $100 toward the purchase of a new phone. It probably won't have quite that much value this summer, but it still might be a nice chunk of change.

And don't go to sleep on the Galaxy S, which actually may have the best looking screen out there. For a couple of hours (before the Evo was announced) the Galaxy S was the toast of CTIA.

AMOLED screens are unusable for geocaching. Dealbreaker.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post
    Incredible has a crap GPU and is bogged down with Sense. I like my phone to do more than scroll through spreadsheets smoothly, Droid for me. These Snapdragon phones are not worth my time, I'm going to get excited with I see a Cortex A9 powered phone.
    Bogged down? I don't THINK so! Maybe that crappy cupcake powered Hero/Eris was but Incredible is deff not bogged down in the slightest.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

I am anxious to hear from any Droid users who have jumped over to the Incredible.

Are you happy with the Incredible, pro/con's?

I haven't felt the Incredible yet, but I like the form factor, from the pictures I've seen and also the reduced weight.

I have 2 weeks to decide ( within my 30 day period) whether or not to exchange for the Incredible and I am torn.

There are both awesome phones, no doubt... but....

Can anyone give any first had feedback or experience on going from the Droid to the Incredible ?
    I haven't jumped ship, I have both devices but unless you can do the same.

To you and anyone in your boat:

* are you eligible for an upgrade soon? You do realize that by the time you are that there will be newer devices available which blow the Incredible and Evo away
    * Are you experiencing growing pains with your Droid? (feeling bogged down, having to remove/selectively install apps because you are running out of space). If not then see first bullet point.
    * Do you want Sense? Do you do a lot of social networking where Friendstream would be helpfull? If so then it may be worth it to upgrade. Phil put it best when he said that Incredible is a Sense experience phone an those who buy it do (or should) want that experience. And NO, unlike previous Sense devices (Hero, Droid Eris) you CAN NOT disable it. You can hide the widgets but you can't disable it completely and get back the stock Android launcher. If you know what you are doing you can install a few stock 2.1 components like the gallery but for the most part you will have to deal with HTC's software unless you root and install custom roms.
    * Are you going to be content on Android 2.1 when 2.2 comes out? Droid will almost certainly get it first because HTC will have to upgrade and test Sense on the new OS and then Verizon will have to do their own testing.
    * DO NOT let the lower specs on the Moto Droid dissuade you. It may be 4 months old but it was at least 6 months ahead of anything else at the time and is STILL ahead of 90% of the phones out there now.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Jason.
    1. Yes Sense does make things a little simpler (and more complex at the same time) and does look a lot more polished than stock Android (ie Droid)
    2. Yes Incredible is a lot lighter than Drid, a little too light for my taste but your opinion may differ. You will have to check this out for yourself.
    3. I agree that the phone physically feels cheap UNTIL you turn it on and see what a powerhouse it is :-)
    4. The width difference is millimeters and probably wont be noticeable.
    5. Actually it's not that bad. It is definitely less than the Droid is now that I have the batteries broken in on it (I have two) but I've been pleasantly surprised with Incredible thus far. Droid is A LOT easier to take the back off to swap batteries though...
    6. The screen in daylight is really about the same as the Droid in my experience. Neither is ideal but they are usable. You aren't gonna find one that you don't have issues with at all.
    7. "Good" so relative. Droid is bulky yes, but Incredible feels light and cheap in the hand. I've ordered a silicone backer for it and hope that helps.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    1. Yes Sense does make things a little simpler (and more complex at the same time) and does look a lot more polished than stock Android (ie Droid)
    2. Yes Incredible is a lot lighter than Drid, a little too light for my taste but your opinion may differ. You will have to check this out for yourself.
    3. I agree that the phone physically feels cheap UNTIL you turn it on and see what a powerhouse it is :-)
    4. The width difference is millimeters and probably wont be noticeable.
    5. Actually it's not that bad. It is definitely less than the Droid is now that I have the batteries broken in on it (I have two) but I've been pleasantly surprised with Incredible thus far. Droid is A LOT easier to take the back off to swap batteries though...
    6. The screen in daylight is really about the same as the Droid in my experience. Neither is ideal but they are usable. You aren't gonna find one that you don't have issues with at all.
    7. "Good" so relative. Droid is bulky yes, but Incredible feels light and cheap in the hand. I've ordered a silicone backer for it and hope that helps.
    thanks for the feedback..... I am leaning toward upgrading today !

I'm within my 30 days but decided to stay with the droid because all of my android phone buddies say that the droid is more likely to get 2.2 first and that the incredible might not even get 2.2 at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast