Droid vs Incredible Screen(Display)

Bryant.Villada

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
In my personal experience the Motorola Droid has a much better display. I have held the two devices side by side and there is no comparison.
The Droid has 480x854 Resolution LCD screen while the Incredible has 480x800 Resolution OLED. I have seen both displays side by side and must say that the LCD performs much better than the OLED as far as clarity and to my understanding LCD will perform better than OLED in the sunlight. Anyone have any extra input on these two? To me the OLED on the Incredible looks quite pixelated.

G

GenericMessage

AMoled.

CHEAP AMoled I might add.

If it was the good stuff, the phone would be astronomically priced.

And hold that cheap stuff in the sun, can ya see it? nope

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the video. Compelling indeed, but for some reason I'm still leaning towards the D. Inc. as my first Android device and the lesser of two evils (for me anyway).

G

GenericMessage

Thx for the video. Compelling indeed, but for some reason I'm still leaning towards the D. Inc. as my first Android device and the lesser of two evils (for me anyway).

How are the Droid and the Incredible both evil?

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
They have feature that aren't on a single device:

Droid: solid construction, higher res (as stated in video in post).

D. Inc.: Sense UI, performance (due to proc).

Great to have all that and a bag of chips, but I prefer the latter. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

G

GenericMessage

They have feature that aren't on a single device:

Droid: solid construction, higher res (as stated in video in post).

D. Inc.: Sense UI, performance (due to proc).

Great to have all that and a bag of chips, but I prefer the latter. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

Didnt ruffle any feathers, just curious as to of why you thought them both to be evil

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I played with an incredible today and was impressed with the screen. Didn't see it in the sun, but my Droid is pretty crappy in the sun too. I have to admit if I was buying a phone today, I'd get the incredible. It's not better enough to upgrade though.

Last edited:

TheStig

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering both and from what I've read, the moto droid is more likely to get froyo quicker than the incredible. This might be the one thing that puts the droid ahead of the droid incredible for me. My gf's droid is already plenty fast. I don't think that the incredible would seem that much better/faster. I'm coming from a storm2 so anything is faster I guess. :p

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering both and from what I've read, the moto droid is more likely to get froyo quicker than the incredible. This might be the one thing that puts the droid ahead of the droid incredible for me. My gf's droid is already plenty fast. I don't think that the incredible would seem that much better/faster. I'm coming from a storm2 so anything is faster I guess. :p

You make a good point there. The Droid will most likely get Froyo before since it is a Google device. Incredible is a Sense device and adds another layer to the OS making the wait for Froyo longer.

The screens on both are terrible in the sun, as is the Nexus One's. Isn't the Evo supposed to fix this? I forgot what the specs are for that device's screen. Either way, you're getting a great phone.

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I played with an incredible today and was impressed with the screen. Didn't see it in the sun, but my Droid is pretty crappy in the sun too. I have to admit if I was buying a phone today, I'd get the incredible. It's not better enough to upgrade though.

That's how I feel. when I was FIRST phone shopping back in December, I was leaning towards the Eris because I liked the HTC Sense. Glad I didn't get that phone though. I've very happy with my Droid but the Sense UI is very appealing (maybe that's because I don't have to use it all the time since some posters seem VERY much opposed to it)

junpar

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
the droid incredible will definitely take a longer time to upgrade and there is a significant chance that it may not even be upgradeable..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon