Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default work phone, no texting allowed on their plan

Work provides the verizon service for our phones. They have opted NOT to have text messaging as it adds a couple grand a month to the corporate phone bill.

Is their a way I can use a pre-paid card for texting, or some website widget that would give me texting to a different number or some other option I have never heard of?

Google voice is perfect for this.

Agreed, Google voice is exactly what you need... unfortunately you need to be invited to use the program. If I had an Invite i'd gladly share but I don't. Check the Google voice section in on this website. Also some people sell the invites on eBay and such.
    Droid

Live at Full Draw
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,040 Global Posts

+100 on the Google voice thing. That way you can also give out your Google voice number to friends and keep the work number for work.

Good luck!
    Banned

I have an invite for ya if you would like it. Send me a PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Thank you for the invite

I happened to find one on Ebay for $6.99 and took em up on it.

Now just need to wait for the droid to arrive and get that going on there. I use google apps for personal email, so the dis-connect between gmail and google apps might cause me some trouble.