Just purchased a Droid
05-04-2010 09:09 AM
- Hi, I just bought a droid off of ebay. I am currently a storm 2 owner and decided to take a walk on the wild side. I have owned mostly blackberry's over the last 3 years or so with a 6 month stint with iphone 3g. I just wanted to get my first post over with and say hi. If anyone has any advice on anything that I should look for or buy for the phone please let me know. Thanks
p.s. I am not a blackberry hater I just wanted to try something new and see how it went. I am still keeping my storm2.05-02-2010 12:25 AM
- YourMobileGuruFormerly VZWRocksHi, I just bought a droid off of ebay. I am currently a storm 2 owner and decided to take a walk on the wild side. I have owned mostly blackberry's over the last 3 years or so with a 6 month stint with iphone 3g. I just wanted to get my first post over with and say hi. If anyone has any advice on anything that I should look for or buy for the phone please let me know. Thanks
p.s. I am not a blackberry hater I just wanted to try something new and see how it went. I am still keeping my storm2.
BlackBerries and Droids both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you bought the phone to be able to run apps the you are going to love it, if you relied a lot on your BB push notifications, you are in for a few frustrations as you get used to the new system but overall I suspect you will like it....05-02-2010 12:54 AM
- I had a bold 9000 on att then changed to a s2 on vzw and I hated it. They keyboard would go haywire on me. It all started when the weather got warmer and my fingers got a little more sweaty. So I switched to a droid and love it. Use gmail notifier so that it always rings when you get new mail. I forward my company email to my gmail account and with the notifier it will notify you whenever email arrives unlike the standard gmail app that only notifies you once then doesn't let you know when there's new mail after that. There's some things that blackberrys do that the droid isn't good at, but I'll adapt. I believe that in 2 years, android will be far superior than the bb os except for those that need that extra level of security for large corporations and government. But for those bb bis users that use it for everyday normal tasks and small business people like myself, android will be a better choice. No more truncated emails!05-02-2010 01:27 AM
- I have exchange for my Droid and the push feature works really well. My phone often gets the email before my outlook does..
My wife has the BB 8530 Curve and my phone does circles around her's all day long..
I thought I wanted the Tour but after having this phone.. NO THANK YOU!05-02-2010 08:17 AM
- I moved to a Droid from a Curve 8330 about three months ago. I still think BlackBerry beats Android (and everybody else, for that matter) for all things related to messaging and email, but Android still wins for the overall smartphone experience. Happy I switched!05-02-2010 12:01 PM
- I hope it will be a fun experience. I have had bb, win and apple os's in the past and figured I would try something new. I am nowhere near upgrade time so i thought the droid would be about my best bet to get my feet wet without blowing $550. $280 seems a lot more palatable. One thing I will miss will be crackberry.com but hopefully this site will fill the void.05-02-2010 12:07 PM
Perhaps BIS users feel otherwise. I never used BIS though.05-03-2010 04:00 PM
- If you are fully google integrated, BB wins at nothing. (maybe at BBM, but who really used that for something that wasnt already doable with mms? or e-mail?) If you are not fully integrated yet i totally encourage you to make the leap, because it will redefine your android experience. Not to mention the support that the Droid Community has become. You can literally hack your droid to pieces to make it exactly how you want. I totally encourage you to root your device and add custom ROMs. All fully explainable at
Androidcentral's motorola droids hacks forum
and many more. If you ever have any questions about your droid shoot me a PM and i'll help you out.05-03-2010 05:32 PM
- Here is what I got. Charged phone all night with the multimedia dock, been fully charged all day as I hadn't used it much today. Pulled my phone out at 5 o clock and battery shows less than 5%. Pulled it out a half hour before that and it said full. Turn phone off and back on phone shows full again. This has happened more then once and I have now been using it heavily for an hour and still at 80%. Phone likes to be weird but overall best phone I have had.05-03-2010 06:57 PM
- I too came from a BB Storm, which was my absolute favorite phone hands down.
I now have the Moto Droid and the difference is just amazing from speed to apps to just overall performance.
The amount of customization as stated by corydunbar is amazing.
I barley even think about touching my laptop unless its early am and I cant see straight yet lol05-04-2010 09:09 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
Just purchased a Droid
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD