Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Droid vs BlackBerry Storm 2

Came across this on you tube

Just my .02 tried the storm for a bit, and its good. Definitely better than the first version, BUT its what the first version should have been. The storm 2 addresses all the glaring issues (browser aside) of the storm 1, but brings nothing new to the table. We will have to see on friday how the droid stacks up, but from the reviews I'm hoping to be pleasantly blown away.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by largeselection View Post
    Just my .02 tried the storm for a bit, and its good. Definitely better than the first version, BUT its what the first version should have been. The storm 2 addresses all the glaring issues (browser aside) of the storm 1, but brings nothing new to the table. We will have to see on friday how the droid stacks up, but from the reviews I'm hoping to be pleasantly blown away.
    I have the storm 9530 and I did the same thing. Went and checked out Storm 2 and just decided that this should have been my first Storm. But it will def not be my second. I have been with BB for three years or so, but the Storm 2 is just not enough to make me get it. When you see the Storm2 side by side against the Droid, the Droid kinda makes the Storm2 look real obsolete. I had already made my decision to get the Droid anyway, this video just further verifies that for me. RIM HAS to step it up. They are about to lose a lot of customers to Android.

I am not generally unhappy with my Storm now that 5.0 is out. My biggest issue with the Storm is the lack of flexibility. Limited choice of widgets, games, etc.

This is what is pulling me to the Droid.
    Roy Aguilera

Went from 8830>8330>9530>9630>9550 and am done with the platform/OS. I need a change.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I was never really unhappy so to speak with my storm either. Installed every OS that was made available for it, official and leaked. While 5.0.0.328 was what the phone should have been from the beginning, it's still not going to do anything for the touchscreen EXPERIENCE I want. Love my berry but not going back until they do something about that OS. And by then no telling how far ahead Android will be!

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    I was never really unhappy so to speak with my storm either. Installed every OS that was made available for it, official and leaked. While 5.0.0.328 was what the phone should have been from the beginning, it's still not going to do anything for the touchscreen EXPERIENCE I want. Love my berry but not going back until they do something about that OS. And by then no telling how far ahead Android will be!
    im hoping, so , android OS on the surface looks kind of dull to me , almost an iphone click to launch type, but im hoping some good ROMs done so we can really expierence all open android.. Someone take on Sense UI

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    IMM30B 4.0.4 w/Leankernel

so... its clear that s2 SUCKS

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I just switched to Verizon from AT&T on the Oct 28th and purchased two Storm 2's for wife and I. The outcome is that I can't wait till tomorrow to get two Droid's instead!!! S2 was really disappointing! Can't wait to be a first time Android user!

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    im hoping, so , android OS on the surface looks kind of dull to me , almost an iphone click to launch type, but im hoping some good ROMs done so we can really expierence all open android.. Someone take on Sense UI
    Agreed. Some how, some way, someone needs to figure out how to get this to other Android phones thats not associated with HTC.

Yea the S2 is just typical BB. I too have gone through the lineup of BBs...8830>8330>9530 (with like 10 different leaked OSes)>8330>9630 and then test drove the 9550 for awhile. There was nothing new for the 9550 and I'm just ready for something different. I had the samsung i730 for like 2 years and I'm just reminiscing about some of the customizing/ weird apps that I hacked onto it...

I LOVE my storm 2. I had so many problems with the first storm... I got the Tour for free as a replacement... However, this new storm is phenomenal... I am getting rid of my tour and getting the DROID... no way I could lose the storm... I am still amazed at how excellent it is... Typing is actually fun... I am twice as fast typing on the storm than I was on the tour.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Was going to get an S2 on first day, but now getting a Droid tomorrow. I really like my S1 now, so no problem going back if I don't like the Droid. Don't think that's gonna happen, tho...

Everyone... this is a GREAT video that tells the pros/cons of both phones... and the reasons why you should get one over the other...

YouTube - salomondrin's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
    Everyone... this is a GREAT video that tells the pros/cons of both phones... and the reasons why you should get one over the other...

YouTube - salomondrin's Channel
    I would not use this as a reference. Just my opinion.