Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gps issue

Just this week my GPS will not lock onto satellites, I have GPS enabled and a clear view of the sky. I have a GPS test app, it takes a while to find satellites and doesn't always lock which is becoming annoying. I didn't installed any new apps but the maps did an update, not sure if its coincidence or not.

Thumbs down Re: gps issue

Mine is doing the same thing, worked fine until updated to Gingerbread

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Default Re: gps issue

I'm on Gingerbread and mine is working just fine...located me right away.

Are you rooted? If so what ROM are you running?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Rooted stock rom, looks like this is a new York state problem caused by Verizon.

Default Re: gps issue

Quote Originally Posted by ucop27 View Post
    Just this week my GPS will not lock onto satellites, I have GPS enabled and a clear view of the sky. I have a GPS test app, it takes a while to find satellites and doesn't always lock which is becoming annoying. I didn't installed any new apps but the maps did an update, not sure if its coincidence or not.
    Coincidence. Updates to your apps don't affect the GPS receiver itself. Your GPS receiver determines the location on its own. Your GPS-enabled app(s) just take the location data provided by the GPS receiver.

Try GPS Status. Use its tool to clear/reset your aGPS data and try again.