Taking and posting photos with the Facebook app...

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Using the Facebook for Android app, I tried to take and post a picture to my FB page using the phone. I was able to do it but the picture that ended up on Facebook was a tiny little postage stamp sized picture. Literally the size of a stamp. And when you click on the picture to view it, it doesn't enlarge, it stays the size of a stamp. When I got home later. I was able to transfer the picture to my desktop's hard drive and then upload it to FB and the picture was prefectly fine, large, sharp, just like when I took it. I just can't do it out in the field with the phone using the app.

Am I doing something wrong or is the app really that bad?

Also, I tried accessing FB through regular internet (bypassing the app) and uploading the picture from my phone and publishing it that way, and I get a message saying "uploading disabled" when I try to do it that way.

I looked around through the settings to see if something was not set properly but I didn't see anything that looked like it would help.

Like I said, am I missing something or is the app really that sucky, where you can't even post a simple pic or take one out of storage and post it?

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the same thing the other day. I only have a few pics on Facebook but I noticed that the ones that I took when I had a Curve show up large but all the Droid pics are small. It's on my long to-do list.

chairthrower

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The latest Facebook update fixed this for me. Or, you can take the picture from the Camera app first, and then upload it from Facebook, instead of shooting it from Facebook directly.

musicandnumbers

Apr 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
Have you tried your camera settings? When you go to take a picture, there's a little bar to the right. If you touch it, there are a few settings (one of which is picture size). Hope this helps!

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried your camera settings? When you go to take a picture, there's a little bar to the right. If you touch it, there are a few settings (one of which is picture size). Hope this helps!

My camera settings are maxed out at 5mp and the sharpest quality setting. I know it's not that because any other place but when I posted it to my page the picture came out great. Transferred to my desktop computer and it was fine, and can see it in the gallery on the phone clear and fine. The picture uploaded fine to facebook using my desktop to do it when I got home later. Trying to do it all through the phone is when I had the issues.

honeyfromthebee

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Where did photo go?

I've got a Droid and I used the FB camera application today to take some photos. I hit upload on each, but they didn't upload. However, my main concern now is where are the photos? I don't see them in my Gallery on my phone. Please tell me they are somewhere that I just don't see. Thanks.:confused:

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had several issues with the camera and facebook. Everytime I upload a photo via the camera, the photo is always rotated sideways and with the crappy fb app, you can't rotate the picture back. The only way to fix it is to manually fix it on the webpage.

Also, photos DISAPPEAR from the gallery/camera. I've seen them save and yet when I go to find them later, they are GONE. Yes, I've checked all the directories that they could have accidentally gone to and they are nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol