Possible Gallery Fix

innocent93

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon regarding the gallery a few minutes ago. It shouldn't take hours for pics to show.

According to Verizon,they have not heard of this problem.

They did have me try something. so far, it seems to be working.

In the camera settings: Make sure location is set to on.
Picture Quality: set to superfine.
Picture size: 5M.. If the photo still does not hit the gallery, they said try setting it to 3M.

My location was on. I was set to 5M. I had the quality set to normal.
I reset it to superfine.. So far,so good.

watersrules

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
That is really odd, you shouldn't have to go through that many hoops. Sometimes I have a lag with the Gallery but only takes closing it out and re-entering for photos to show. Surf through the forum to find a better answer, sorry I don't have one!!

cwescapexlt4x4

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have this issue, i found that if it is not in the gallery - go back to camera, click the image thumbnail and then go back to gallery and it (they) will show.

Correct - you SHOULDN'T have to go thru these hoops but at this time you do.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am really, really disappointed in the new 2.1 Gallery. I have had numerous issues with thumbnails not loading and/or disappearing or not refreshing in addition to the above issue with newly-taken camera images. And don't forget about the the already acknowledged problems with the 24-bit vs. 16-bit textures in 2.0 vs 2.1.

If anything makes me leave the Droid for another phone the lame photo gallery will be one of the main culprits. It's slow, buggy, and the image quality has gone downhill. I wish I could put the stock 2.0 gallery app back on there!

I like to keep a sizable amount of personal pics for showing off family pictures and work-related images for impromptu slideshow presentations, so the Gallery is a very frequently used app for me.

So yeah, I still miss my old Palm OS Splash Photo and would gladly buy it if it was available for Android! Crappy problems like these remind me that Android has a LOT more maturing to do before it can be taken as a serious competition to the iPhone platform. If the HTC Incredible had a physical keyboard I'd switch to it in a heartbeat to get the new HTC-developed apps and bypass the crummy Cooliris Gallery.

innocent93

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Before I called Verizon, I tried going in and out of the gallery, that didn't do it.
I don't think I tried clicking the thumbnail.

So far, these settings are still working.
I never had a problem with 2.0.

Thanks for the ideas.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In the camera settings: Make sure location is set to on.
Picture Quality: set to superfine.
Picture size: 5M.. If the photo still does not hit the gallery, they said try setting it to 3M.

What do these settings have to do with the gallery? They should only affect the taking of photos, not the viewing in the gallery.

h_cl

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue AND when I download pictures to my sd card. We need some way of forcing the gallery to check for new pictures. For the record my g1 didn't always notice new pics on the card either, so I wouldn't place the blame on the new gallery entirely.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon is just trying to troubleshoot by using the "if the photo is a smaller file it will load faster theory".

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had this same issue as well. I'll have to try some of the tricks mentioned here as the only thing I could get it show up was to reboot the phone and that gets old real quick.

Olen

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just had the same issue. Droid 2 with Android 2.2. The thumbnail view was showing pictures that were no longer there. I believe it was a result of bad disconnecting sequence from my laptop while I had the gallery open. This is the first time I've had this problem. I went into the system settings and unmounted the SD card and then remounted it. Went back into gallery and problem was fixed.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
its very hit or miss with my Gallery on my DX w/ 2.2.1, all stock but rooted. Half the time I hit the gallery app, it will show my pictures. The other half its just a black screen for many many minutes. And sometimes if i have just taken a picture, the gallery will show everything EXCEPT the last picture i took. I have to wait awhile for that to show up.

why is the gallery so bad???

kprice415

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just had the same issue. Droid 2 with Android 2.2. The thumbnail view was showing pictures that were no longer there. I believe it was a result of bad disconnecting sequence from my laptop while I had the gallery open. This is the first time I've had this problem. I went into the system settings and unmounted the SD card and then remounted it. Went back into gallery and problem was fixed.

Had this same problem, tried unmounting the SD card and remounting and closed the Gallery. Went back in the gallery and voila it worked. Thanks for the info! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2