Possible Gallery Fix
09-07-2011 08:59 AM
- I called Verizon regarding the gallery a few minutes ago. It shouldn't take hours for pics to show.
According to Verizon,they have not heard of this problem.
They did have me try something. so far, it seems to be working.
In the camera settings: Make sure location is set to on.
Picture Quality: set to superfine.
Picture size: 5M.. If the photo still does not hit the gallery, they said try setting it to 3M.
My location was on. I was set to 5M. I had the quality set to normal.
I reset it to superfine.. So far,so good.05-03-2010 01:47 PM
- I am really, really disappointed in the new 2.1 Gallery. I have had numerous issues with thumbnails not loading and/or disappearing or not refreshing in addition to the above issue with newly-taken camera images. And don't forget about the the already acknowledged problems with the 24-bit vs. 16-bit textures in 2.0 vs 2.1.
If anything makes me leave the Droid for another phone the lame photo gallery will be one of the main culprits. It's slow, buggy, and the image quality has gone downhill. I wish I could put the stock 2.0 gallery app back on there!
I like to keep a sizable amount of personal pics for showing off family pictures and work-related images for impromptu slideshow presentations, so the Gallery is a very frequently used app for me.
So yeah, I still miss my old Palm OS Splash Photo and would gladly buy it if it was available for Android! Crappy problems like these remind me that Android has a LOT more maturing to do before it can be taken as a serious competition to the iPhone platform. If the HTC Incredible had a physical keyboard I'd switch to it in a heartbeat to get the new HTC-developed apps and bypass the crummy Cooliris Gallery.05-03-2010 03:53 PM
- 05-26-2010 11:55 PM
- I just had the same issue. Droid 2 with Android 2.2. The thumbnail view was showing pictures that were no longer there. I believe it was a result of bad disconnecting sequence from my laptop while I had the gallery open. This is the first time I've had this problem. I went into the system settings and unmounted the SD card and then remounted it. Went back into gallery and problem was fixed.02-07-2011 03:03 PM
- its very hit or miss with my Gallery on my DX w/ 2.2.1, all stock but rooted. Half the time I hit the gallery app, it will show my pictures. The other half its just a black screen for many many minutes. And sometimes if i have just taken a picture, the gallery will show everything EXCEPT the last picture i took. I have to wait awhile for that to show up.
why is the gallery so bad???02-11-2011 04:31 PM
- I just had the same issue. Droid 2 with Android 2.2. The thumbnail view was showing pictures that were no longer there. I believe it was a result of bad disconnecting sequence from my laptop while I had the gallery open. This is the first time I've had this problem. I went into the system settings and unmounted the SD card and then remounted it. Went back into gallery and problem was fixed.09-07-2011 08:59 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
Possible Gallery Fix
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD