How are notifications handled on the Droid?

Theodore42

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello. If I am away from my phone and I receive a call or e-mail, will their be a notification on the main screen like the IPhone? Also, when updates are released for the Droid, where will be the best place to download it from? Thanks very much for any feedback.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you can get applications like Flyout (?) that will let you add almost anything to the lock screen. otherwise, it will have a notification icon in the bar at the top of the screen telling you there is something from that particular app waiting for you.

updates will probably be OTA, or in store. you could probably download them from verizon's website similar to how they setup the BB updates. but this is all speculation.

however, the storm can be updated to a new point release OTA, but a version change (4.7.53 - 4.7.100 OTA | 4.7.100 - 5.0 download/in store) is generally not done because of the size of the update

i'm going to assume that android can be done in the same way

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
While we're talking about notifications...Does the droid have an external LED that blinks to indicate a message? I have berrybuzz for my tour and I love it. I know that red=work email, white=personal, blue=bbm, yellow=sms, green=calendar...anything like this for the droid?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
While we're talking about notifications...Does the droid have an external LED that blinks to indicate a message? I have berrybuzz for my tour and I love it. I know that red=work email, white=personal, blue=bbm, yellow=sms, green=calendar...anything like this for the droid?

yuup !! which makes it worth it alone to me , ( over the iphone)