Managing 2 calls in call waiting

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having trouble with managing 2 calls through call waiting in that I can't hang up one line without killing the other line too.

For example, say I'm connected through person 1. Person 2 calls me and the Droid gives me the option of switching the call to person 2 without hanging up person 1, which I do. I say a few things to person 2, then I want to hang up line 2 and return to person 1.

This is where it fails. Hitting the hangup option when on line 2 hangs up BOTH lines, each and every time.

The same issue occurs when I merge two lines in a 3-way conference. When 1 party (say from line 2) hangs up, the Droid still shows itself as being in a 3 way, even though I would only be connected to person 1. It wouldn't let me add another call as it continues to think line 2 is still active. I also can't manually end line 2 to replace it with another caller without hanging up line 1.

Anyone have this problem or know of any fixes?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
To switch between calls, look in the top left corner, theres a button that has arrows rotating in a circular motion, tap that and it'll switch between the calls.
Don't worry bout ending the other call, if the person you're talking to on line 2 is normal, they will probably hang up aswell. The phone will still think your running two calls but you wont, so no need to worry.

As for the conference call and all that, I haven't tried that so I can't really help you on that. Maybe someone else can?

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
That is not the issue here.. The issue is that you are burnin g 2x the minutes on your plan. Not everyone has unlimited minutes.. There needs to be a way to end each call individually. I think that having this on such a capable phone is unacceptable!

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
That is not the issue here.. The issue is that you are burnin g 2x the minutes on your plan. Not everyone has unlimited minutes.. There needs to be a way to end each call individually. I think that having this on such a capable phone is unacceptable!

It's not burning 2x the minutes, though.
If you switch to the other line again it does absolutely nothing. You'll hear a sound and thats about it. You wont hear the other persons phone nor will you hear your phone calling another number attempting to make or call or any of that.

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just as an FYI:

That is a limitation of EVDO networks. You cannot manage the calls the same way you can on GSM networks.

So Sprint/Verizon/US Cellular all have this same problem.

T-Mobile and AT&T do not.

Reactions: factbased
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Should have got an iPhone

I hear you about managing two calls. Thats just one more reason the iphone is better than android! People like abdroid because its open source, i think it SUCKS! If you get a call while in a call and you think you hung up with the first call but the person didnt get the phone hung up then you ARE in fact using 2x the minutes! On the iphone you can end these calls one by one. On the evo you cant mute the startup sound, the keyboard and dictionary sucks compares to the iphone, and on android, you can only have 4 internet windows open compared to iphones 8. Also, when you have 4 browsers open, if the phone gets overloaded i guess, the internet closes and then when you open it back up, you find that youve lost everything you were looking at and the page went back to your home page. One last but deffinetly not least issue is androids battery life because android has so much CRAP running in the background. ITS TERRIBLE! Ohh, and i forgot about androids crappy bluetooth for streaming music! I WANT MY IPHONE BACK!!! Maybe we will all get lucky and sprint will get an iphone and put android OUT OF BUSINESS FOREVER!

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for stopping by. If you want help on getting your Android phone running the way you THINK it should, ask a question. If you want someone else to tell you what you can and can't do with a phone, go back to your iPhone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I hear you about managing two calls. Thats just one more reason the iphone is better than android! People like abdroid because its open source, i think it SUCKS! If you get a call while in a call and you think you hung up with the first call but the person didnt get the phone hung up then you ARE in fact using 2x the minutes! On the iphone you can end these calls one by one. On the evo you cant mute the startup sound, the keyboard and dictionary sucks compares to the iphone, and on android, you can only have 4 internet windows open compared to iphones 8. Also, when you have 4 browsers open, if the phone gets overloaded i guess, the internet closes and then when you open it back up, you find that youve lost everything you were looking at and the page went back to your home page. One last but deffinetly not least issue is androids battery life because android has so much CRAP running in the background. ITS TERRIBLE! Ohh, and i forgot about androids crappy bluetooth for streaming music! I WANT MY IPHONE BACK!!! Maybe we will all get lucky and sprint will get an iphone and put android OUT OF BUSINESS FOREVER!

Great way to get everyone pissed off. You've stated your point in the only 2 posts you've made, now move along.

Jacquelyn King

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem but its only with Verizon. I have people who have tmobile att and things like that and they are not having this problem. I think its stupid and I cant understand why you would want to take away features like that. I think I am about to cancel this contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2