g'bye my ol friends.....

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
ok so not really, i made the leap to the incredible, will recieve it next week, but im keeping me droid fer a backup. i love my moto, but i just couldnt pass up the 1 ghz snapdragon. any others take the leap? and going from a moto to an htc, is it that big of a difference? :eek:

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Im staying with my Droid.. Not impressed all that much by the INC.

Just Speed up the clock a touch more on old faithful and call it a day..

But good luck with your new baby..

G

GenericMessage

I am also sticking with the Droid.

The incredible is hardly impressive.

I don't see the appeal of this 1GHZ crap

Plus it isn't a snap dragon......its a Qualcomm

My Droid is just as fast.

Let me put it in these terms. Does MS paint run any faster on a i7 than a P3? Nope.

Until they make the OS something beefier than it is, a processor like that is just marketing, not practicality.

But if you like it, you like it.

I suggest getting three or four extra batteries for that thing!

R

Roy Aguilera

Congrats you will love it. The Seidio 1750 battery will give you a full days worth.
I still use my Droid when I get home (over WiFi).
Its a great device but its a totally different beast.

Oh and BTW:
"GO VIKINGS"

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
Congrats you will love it. The Seidio 1750 battery will give you a full days worth.
I still use my Droid when I get home (over WiFi).
Its a great device but its a totally different beast.

Oh and BTW:
"GO VIKINGS"

will be buying that battery asap.thx for the input. and generic thx for the input,i thought the same, until i actually had my hands on one, the moto is a good backup tho. in case somethin happens to my beast of a phone.;)

watersrules

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
well let us know how it goes over time.. I love my Droid, and my wife is up for upgrade soon from a BB curve, so she isn't sure about the Droid vs Incredible... well I have my opinion =)

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I thought about doing it, but then saw that the ARM CORTEX A8 chip in the Droid beat the incredible when they were both @ 1ghz. Obviously yeah you have to root your droid to get it to 1ghz, but it was faster than the INC at that point.

So mine is running @ 1.3ghz and Im going to stay Droid for now.

Jeatin

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am also sticking with the Droid.

The incredible is hardly impressive.

I don't see the appeal of this 1GHZ crap

Plus it isn't a snap dragon......its a Qualcomm

My Droid is just as fast.

Let me put it in these terms. Does MS paint run any faster on a i7 than a P3? Nope.

Until they make the OS something beefier than it is, a processor like that is just marketing, not practicality.

But if you like it, you like it.

I suggest getting three or four extra batteries for that thing!

Lets put it this way... Does a modern game run faster on P3 or an i7... Yep it runs faster on the i7. Nice try though but overall processor speed does matter and the overclock potential is higher. So you say "OH I CAN OVERCLOCK MY DROID TO 1GHz" cool the incredible can go higher.

Its not the OS its the applications that run on the OS. If I had just windows and nothing else then yeah it would be pretty crappy but all of the applications are what make windows and any operating system what it actually is.

Oh and the battery life shouldn't be an issue. Droid running at 1.1ghz batter has lasted 3 days and is still at 50%. So I can only guess the incredible is around the same if not better.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
good luck man. and when that htc incredible doesnt get the 2.2 update im sure we will see you back haha. i hope your experience with the incredible is good and if us droid owners ever get a reall sense rom we will get to see what it is to own an sense device. but either way you still have your 30 day grace period if you change your mind.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Lets put it this way... Does a modern game run faster on P3 or an i7... Yep it runs faster on the i7. Nice try though but overall processor speed does matter and the overclock potential is higher. So you say "OH I CAN OVERCLOCK MY DROID TO 1GHz" cool the incredible can go higher.

Its not the OS its the applications that run on the OS. If I had just windows and nothing else then yeah it would be pretty crappy but all of the applications are what make windows and any operating system what it actually is.

Oh and the battery life shouldn't be an issue. Droid running at 1.1ghz batter has lasted 3 days and is still at 50%. So I can only guess the incredible is around the same if not better.

ok were those 3 days with the phone on idle with 3g, 2g and wifi turned off and only used once. that is not possible otherwise because unless you have a different battery that is not the stock one, your claim is in no way possible at 1.1 ghz and unless there is someway to prove it (which i don't think it would be possible to prove since we cant be there to see it) that seems like an extreme over exaggeration.

G

GenericMessage

Lets put it this way............do modern games play on Android phones? Nope.....they dont. Nice try though.

And how do you know the incredible can go higher? Where is this proof? See the Droids processor is down-clocked stock, so its pretty easy to "over-clock"

And all the applications in the market can run on any of the phones available running android today. (minus the "requires 2.0+" nonsense).

The 1ghz is marketing, NOT practicality.

And you made your droid OVER-CLOCKED, and in three days was at 50%? Bull****. Sorry, but that statement (among all your others) are incorrect.

And the incredible's battery is actually WORSE from all the reports that I've read. Sheesh.

Maybe if you didn't go about this like a child, and if your facts where at all accurate (or even apparent), we would have taken you even slightly seriously.

Think THEN act

R

Roy Aguilera

Why does everything have to resort to comparisons?
Let me end it this way.

The Droid is the best Motorola phone in the market and the incredible is among the 3 best HTC phones available now.
2 different manufacturers, 2 different OS's, 2 different hardwares, 2 different screens.
Why are we even comparing them?
Why is everyone trying to put the opposite phone down?
Crap, all incredible users love their phone, lets let them love it. All Droid users love their Droid, continue doing so.
This battle could go on forever. Yet it won't.
;)

I'm watching

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
AGREED! Forget the comparisons!

Droid was released in November, Droid Incredible, Late April/May.....in 6 months we will both be outdated. Anyways, all the Incredible is doing to do is spawn more Moto Droid Roms & Ideas!

There is nothing bad about the situation, especially if you are a Moto Droid ROOTED user! Just enjoy the fun, laugh and compare and have fun with your Incredible friend! No Phone is Better then the other! We Are ALL ANDROID!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i love the battle but whats funny is this argument about the processors and everything who cares get something you like. at the end of the day by the end of the next year both phones will be old news. and the processors will be replaced by something better. so i look at it like this get something you like and will use for awhile. and both processors suck. the omap 4440\4430 will kill the droids. and the dualcore snapdraggens will be kiing.

G

GenericMessage

Why does everything have to resort to comparisons?
Let me end it this way.

The Droid is the best Motorola phone in the market and the incredible is among the 3 best HTC phones available now.
2 different manufacturers, 2 different OS's, 2 different hardwares, 2 different screens.
Why are we even comparing them?
Why is everyone trying to put the opposite phone down?
Crap, all incredible users love their phone, lets let them love it. All Droid users love their Droid, continue doing so.
This battle could go on forever. Yet it won't.
;)

I'm watching

ooooo ;) hehe

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
For those folks overclocking their Droids, how does the battery hold up when running at 1 ghz or so? I might be willing to overclock if my battery wouldn't be drained quickly.

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, there is not much difference between Snapdragon and the ARM Cortex A8, so I wish people would just be quiet already.

If you want stock Android, on Verizon, on a solidly built phone, get the Droid. If you want Sense, no keyboard, get the Incredible. It's that simple. They're both great phones.

In six months, everyone will be drooling over the next great Android device, and you'll see the same threads titled "thinking about selling my Incredible for the next great-super-dooper-gonna wash my dishes-and do my laundry Android phone."

Be happy with what you have, and enjoy the phone. At the end of the day, it's personal preference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084