Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Made the leap - Picked the Droid

I finally made the leap and left BB. I will be getting my Droid tomorrow. I chose it over the Incredible for several reasons. I'm sure I'll have to access the newbie stickies and ask a lot of questions.

Hawk

Congrats! I just posted in your other thread.
    I too chose the Droid over the Incredible.
    Both devices are amazing. I think it just comes down to form factor and how the user think the phone feels.
    Great choice though, you will not in any way miss your Blackberry lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theoneuafter View Post
    Congrats! I just posted in your other thread.
    I too chose the Droid over the Incredible.
    Both devices are amazing. I think it just comes down to form factor and how the user think the phone feels.
    Great choice though, you will not in any way miss your Blackberry lol
    thanks again.. That was one of my reasons. I just love the way the Droid feels in my hand. Sounds silly, but it was one of the factors. I can't wait to get my hands on my new Droid... My wife says I'm gonna geek out for a few days, lol

Hawk

She has no idea! lmao

Root your phone!
    Motorola Droid (Rooted) OS 2.2.1 and 2.3.1

Congrats, I came from a Storm as well, and am super happy with everything about the Droid. I tried to keep my bias out of the other thread, but it's a solid phone and if Motorola keeps it up to date, it should scale well over the next year or two as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NCREDIBLE GARY View Post
    Root your phone!

lol.. Not exactly sure what that all means but I'm sure I'll get into it. I'm assuming it means to unlock it where you can altar some of the system features -- remembering back to hacking the psp..

former Storm prisoner as well.. not sure how I made it without the Droid prior.. have fun!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by watersrules View Post
    former Storm prisoner as well.. not sure how I made it without the Droid prior.. have fun!
    I, too was burdened with the storm. I got rid of it and went back to the curve for a while. I ended up breaking it, and I've just been using an old EnV until I could make up my mind. So this will be like going from a Pinto to a Cadillac, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by theoneuafter View Post
    I think it just comes down to form factor and how the user think the phone feels.
    Selecting any smartphone comes down to finding what suits your particular needs/wants the best.

Yes it does!

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

i too am leaving the storm for the droid in the morning! question though will the charger/usb cable from the storm fit the droid i read that there both mircrousb connectors just wondering as i have an extra charger from my storm love having one in the bedroom one in the living room so i can charge anywhere
    Roy Aguilera

It will work fine.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I came from a BB Curve myself and I did miss a few things about it at first just because I had so much time with the BB OS. Now I can't imagine going back to a BB. A friend asked me just recently if I was gonna swap my Droid for the iPhone if it comes to Verizon. I told him 6 months ago I might've said yes, but now I'd say no. Every day I use the Droid I learn a new trick or find a new app. Getting the Mint app this week was the final nail in the iPhone coffin for me. I have been looking very lustily at the Droid Incredible this week, but I've decided to stay with the Droid and keep the money in my pocket. I've still got a Cadillac phone and the few differences wouldn't be worth the 2 year contract renewal. I'll just wait till the next Moto Droid comes and get it. I think you'll be in love with your new Droid after a little time getting used to the differences in the OS.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

I just received mine today. I am coming from a storm 2. So far I am pretty impressed. I have played...(cough). What I mean to say is I have been working with it while ignoring my wife for the past several hours and I am having fun learning a new OS. I have some learning to do yet.

So this will be like going from a Pinto to a Cadillac, lol. <--- lol more like going from 2001 to 2010 in a blink

I love my Droid. I have had every BB that Verizon has and still love my Droid more. The awesome browser and interface definitely have me hooked. I did have to get use to the keyboard vs using the BB keyboard. It was a quick study. Enjoy your new toy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch81 View Post
    ...question though will the charger/usb cable from the storm fit the droid i read that there both mircrousb connectors...
    Any micro to standard USB cable will work. I picked a longer one up at the local electronics store for app. US$5 that I use at work for charging from the computer's USB port and for file transfers.

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by rjf111 View Post
    Any micro to standard USB cable will work. I picked a longer one up at the local electronics store for app. US$5 that I use at work for charging from the computer's USB port and for file transfers.
    Yeah I kept an extra charger it works but do need to get usb cable to hook it up to pc