Stock Browser closing on its own

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all!

I've noticed a very strange problem with my Droid (2.1) this week. At random moments when I'm using the stock browser, all windows open will close spontaneously.

I noticed it a few days ago when I went to itunes to check a CD track listing. I thought I was because it was itunes. But today when I came to the AC forums to post about something else, it closed again. It happens a few times (3 - 5) before I just give up and find a computer. I'm not hitting any of the soft keys and there's no Force Close message AT ALL.

Has this happened to anyone else? What could be causing this?

I'm wondering if I should just get a new browser.

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me when I was in the AC forum yesterday. Just once, I thought it was weird, but then went ahead and reopened my bookmark and it's been fine since. Not sure what might be causing this though.

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
To add to my previous post, the common denominator seems to be AC forums. Has it happened to you some where else other than iTunes & AC?

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It has happened randomly (maybe once every 50 times I'm surfing), since I've had the phone. The sites vary. It actually happens quite a bit on "adult" sites. Perhaps there is an errant java code or popup that confuses the browser and it bails. Not sure.

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I clear my browser cache and history from time to time. I'm not saying that's a solution but that might help too. If this becomes an issue, it might be worth using a different browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon