Stuck in boot loop, can't enter recovery

irafcummings

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an OG Droid. It's rooted, and I've flashed a few different Roms before. I'd been using MIUI for a little while, and flashed an updated version. I followed the step-by-step here: [GUIDE] Guide to flash/upgrade MIUI while minimizing USER ERRORS -FC's, reboots, etc

I was able to boot up. I started restoring apps and data via MIUI Backup. Went fine. I started restoring system data and settings, and the phone restarted. Now it will load, show the MIUI load screen, and the lock screen. Then, if I'm lucky, I get about 3 seconds before the phone freezes completely or restarts.

I can't reboot it in recovery either. If I hold X on start-up, the phone just won't start until I release X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to hold power and x until you see the M then you should boot into recovery...if you can't boot into recovery then you'll have to .sbf back to stock

irafcummings

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I ended up flashing an SBF of CWR before trying anything else. It worked, and I was able to load the nandroid backup that I'd done, prior to all these issues.

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC