What features do you want included in froyo?

oneorbit

May 6, 2010
Visit site
1. more than 3 home screens.
2. improve the stock gallery. i'd like to see an easier in-app solution for organizing photos into folders instead of always hunting down pics done in picsay using astro.
3. finally support free yahoo email accounts like they promised w/ the updgrade to v2.1. w/ android 2.1, emails i forward that have embedded html graphics or attachments to any other email address have those things stripped-out & sent as plain text files (yuk).

R

Roy Aguilera

An option to set screen amounts under settings
An Email/Gmail widget
Cover art for the music widget
Ability to enable/disable home screen auto rotation
Camera software improvements
Better Music app
Fixed FB app (I don't use it, but am sick of the complaints)
A built in folder manager
A new desk clock app (like the nexus one, the droid one sucks)
SMS app options (like color, background...ect)
A built in voice recorder
A built in timer
Updated widget background (the eclair one is fugly)
Theme the settings app (its too pale)

Don't get me wrong I love the phone. I had to brain storm to put this list together.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Its seems every android site is posting that froyo has jit enabled and a nexus 1 can run 400 something faster than can now. If we were able to get half that speed I think that the droid could compete with every other phone with a snap dragon processor. The droids fast but imagine 0% lag.

I want a new launcher that would come stock with 2.2. I hate how the official update didn't have the 3d launcher.

Also a new way to multi task would be nice instead of a 6 app limit.

I'm hoping for also a new way to preview the screens, similar to senses pinch to zoom out.

Out of curiosity, does Google attempt to make patents? You hear about all of these companies trying to sue other companies for patent infringement except Google. I'm afraid that if they start to late then android will soon be crippled.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, the 3D App Drawer is NOT all it's cracked up to be... I actually prefer the 2D. (Just my opinion)

Filing for patents on Android would defeat the purpose... It's open source.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Bluetooth voice dial and root for all oh yeah the 9 homescreens would be nice

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Its seems every android site is posting that froyo has jit enabled and a nexus 1 can run 400 something faster than can now. If we were able to get half that speed I think that the droid could compete with every other phone with a snap dragon processor. The droids fast but imagine 0% lag.

I want a new launcher that would come stock with 2.2. I hate how the official update didn't have the 3d launcher.

Also a new way to multi task would be nice instead of a 6 app limit.

I'm hoping for also a new way to preview the screens, similar to senses pinch to zoom out.

Out of curiosity, does Google attempt to make patents? You hear about all of these companies trying to sue other companies for patent infringement except Google. I'm afraid that if they start to late then android will soon be crippled.

that would be pretty cool, your def right if we could get half of that we would be able to compete with all those phones. to be honest i have a droid and an incredible and my droid is hands down WAY BETTER! I like both phones very much so but the Incredible does not impress me only reason I got it was I love Sense UI and 2.1 together. My Droid is at the time was overclocked to 1.0 GHZ and it beat my Incredible loading pages everytime ( on wifi ). Only thing the Incredible beat my Droid on was switching apps and going into settings stuff along those lines other then that the Droid OWNED THE INC.

stalker

May 13, 2010
Visit site
An equalizer in music player would be great.
A notepad application default loaded on OS.
Gallery is displaying high resolution images blurry. Need to be resolved as I cannot see high resolution images on my beautiful screen of N1.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Like you guys said copy/cut/paste. Facebook needs some more options like friend requests and maybe chat?! Definately hate the gallery we have now so they need to change that for sure. More home screens because it can get crowded for anyone. & maybe like a option if you hold the camera button down long enough it snaps a shot of your screen just in case you want to post it and share with people.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
An equalizer in music player would be great.
A notepad application default loaded on OS.
Gallery is displaying high resolution images blurry. Need to be resolved as I cannot see high resolution images on my beautiful screen of N1.

Definently the equalizer. And the notepad, too.

G

GenericMessage

Ya we do have it but is not the easiest way of doing it. I find myself having to try and select stuff multiple times because I didn't get the right spot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh, I always found it easy and satisfying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol