dumb slide lock question

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i have been watchin some youtube videos and seen some people have a slide lock that is like a half circle instead of straight across just wondering what this is are they hacked/rooted?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure you would have to root to get that lock screen but it was much nicer than tgr current setup

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to I've seen it floating around just don't remember were

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
hmm i dunno if it's worth it to root just for that as non rooted is ok for me only having the phone for 3 days

Last edited:

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
hmm i dunno if it's worth it to root just for that as non rooted is ok for me only having the phone for 3 days :)

Here is what I recommend.
Don't root yet.
Use the phone for a couple weeks and see how it is. Then, root.
You'll see the difference between the two. And, you won't go back lol
But stay stock for a while and get a feel for the phone. Get comfortable with it.
Trust me :)

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
ok will do! thanks for the help jorge! but i know i love android won't go back to blackberry. sure there are a couple things i miss like profiles/facebook stuff but o well just got to learn a new way of doing things. is there any good articles or something to read to learn how to root? for when i do later on

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I know for 2.1 it's a little different.
Just look it up on youtube, a lot of tutorials there.
RSDLite and something bout flashing SpRecovery.
After you get the feel for the phone, the rom I suggest you get is CyanogenMod.
Best out there IMO.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks for the recomendations! so far now that i found profiles!!! best thing to help me coming from a bb and to help stop text/email etc sounds at night and still recieve phone calls and plus beautiful widgets and some wallpaper im lovin my droid

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Check out this video (YouTube - How to Customize Lockscreen for Motorola Droid) and follow the instructions to download LockBot Pro. It gives you the options to customize your lock screen. You can choose from several different styles including the half circle lock that was standard on 2.0 or the iphone lock all while being able to customize just about anything.

I think you can also find LockBot Pro in the market but I dont think its free. If you follow the instructions posted with the video it's free.

Check it out!
YouTube - How to Customize Lockscreen for Motorola Droid

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Check out this video (YouTube - How to Customize Lockscreen for Motorola Droid) and follow the instructions to download LockBot Pro. It gives you the options to customize your lock screen. You can choose from several different styles including the half circle lock that was standard on 2.0 or the iphone lock all while being able to customize just about anything.

I think you can also find LockBot Pro in the market but I dont think its free. If you follow the instructions posted with the video it's free.

Check it out!
YouTube - How to Customize Lockscreen for Motorola Droid

nice..got this installed and works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae