Problem with the Privacy screen from Verizon

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There have been people saying the privacy screen that you can get with the phone from verizon is causing problems with the screen. Some have said it is damaging the screen and causing it to not work properly.

I had it on my phone for about an hour and started having problems with the phone recognizing my touches. I would double tap letters causing miss spellings, have weird/ random scrolls while trying to use programs.

I took it off just to be safe. So far I have only heard about problems here. I feel like this should be posted just to be on the safe side.

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine wouldn't fit properly... it would bubble up on the lower 20%. I think it was bowed or something. I thought I was buying the screen protectors. I am taking it back to the Verizon store after work to see if I can exchange for the screen protectors.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I just called the verizon store by me and they confirmed there is something wrong with the protector and will replace it for free with the non privacy ones.

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
What is the privacy screen? Are they different than the screen protectors?
I assume they are like tinted screen protectors? Just curious if they are what I bought and have sitting in the bag not using right now.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the privacy one is a one pack (IIRC) where the normal screen protectors come in a 3 pack.

the privacy one is reflective (mirrored) if you are looking at it from the side, hence privacy, as other people can't see what you're doing :)

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Does the privacy screen dim the brightness? I tried one once on a really old smartphone and I found that it dulled down the brightness. I would hate to do that to this ridiculously good screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary