Please help with Att 3g on my Milestone

shura1980

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, need help. I just switched from the backflip to the milestone and all is working great except my 3 g signal. I don't know what to do. This is the first time i am using an unlocked gsm phone and do not know if there is anything i am supposed to do to get it to work on 3 g. I know it has the proper bands for us 3g but all I get is edge. any ideas please?

G

GenericMessage

Hi guys, need help. I just switched from the backflip to the milestone and all is working great except my 3 g signal. I don't know what to do. This is the first time i am using an unlocked gsm phone and do not know if there is anything i am supposed to do to get it to work on 3 g. I know it has the proper bands for us 3g but all I get is edge. any ideas please?

If you're only getting edge its probably because the bands aren't matching up.

They had the same problem bringing t mobiles N1 over to AT&T

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Under the battery on the sticker with the bar codes it should tell you what bands it uses... I'll be willing to bet the phone doesn't have the 850 band.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If it say us hspa its the the Canadian version on the sticker it would have a FCC tag if Canadian or tuv if euro try and get the service books for att I know I had to do that with my 9500

shura1980

May 11, 2010
Visit site
thank you, I will try that. This is just very irritating. It is a great phone but 2G? thats crazy. I am not sure is Android has service books though, I know my 9700 did. I guess I'll have to fight this some more. thank you.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Out of curiosity if it did have the FCC logo somewhere does it mean that it will work for att. Or could possibly be for T-Mobile 3g network.

If for some reason you can get it to connect to 3g (due to the bands and not because it is defective) you could always sell it on eBay and then buy the right one that will work on you cell phone carrier's network. I'm not sure if you will break even on it or you cousin be up (or down) money. Either way it will atleast work with your carrier and it beats paying for a new phone out of pocket. Up to you but just some options to consider. Good luck man

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm 100% sure it's because the bands aren't matching up properly, this is commonly the case when a phone from overseas doesn't work.