Camera issue?

slikone27

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I saw this in another thread but I thought I would start one on this topic. Anyone else's droid making clicking sounds like it is focusing when the camera starts? I would have thought this was default behavior but my phone has rebooted twice while doing it (not every time). Just wondering if it is only certain phones and we should take them back.

Thanks

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
me too, mine makes the odd sounds, but the phone hasn't crashed in the camera app or otherwise since i got it *knock on wood*

it seems like all of them make the noise.

does anyone have a phone where the camera DOESN'T make the sound?

p4tr1ck

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've heard this click on the start up of the camera means it isn't mounted properly. I would go get a new phone and see if it does the same thing.

chuckthepilot

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've heard this click on the start up of the camera means it isn't mounted properly. I would go get a new phone and see if it does the same thing.

I read the same thing somewhere, but I'm not sure. Mine does click at startup, but I haven't had any focus problems...yet. The pictures look great. The two demo units I looked at in the store did the same thing, so who knows.

slikone27

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks... Figured I would wait a couple weeks and hope motorola notices it and fixes it if it is a problem. Then I will take it back and get a new one. If anyones phone does not make the clicking noise when opening the camera please post here.

zamboni52

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine makes the sound, but I think it's the auto focus mechanism. That being said when I hold the camera button half way down (to focus), I seldom get the green brackets saying that it has focused. 90% of the time I get the red ones. Anyone have this issue?

chuckthepilot

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The last rumor I heard on a different forum was that the all the click sounds are normal, though some units are louder than others. Supposedly it is a software issue only, and an update is due out in December sometime.

*Mine clicks, but I see more green bars than red.

berry_buster

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine does the click 2. I am on Droid 2 already. Droid 1's camera left every picture with a rainbow effect on everything. Droid 2's camera is perfect, but it has other issues. It is not as solid(well put together) as Droid 1, and this one seems to lag a bit more. I have never seen the green focus brackets.....I didn't even know it went green. I thought it was red all the time...Oh well

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
mine makes the noise... and then takes horrible pictures. my settings are at the highest. am i doing something wrong?

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Horrible pictures here as well. I was at work a few days ago when my friend with an iPhone asked to do a camera comparison test. We both thought my 5 mp Droid would be a clear winner, but in every scenario, the iPhone beat my Droid. Needless to say it was disappointing! I have NEVER seen the green brackets. I get nothing but the red brackets, and anything indoors is blurry and grainy. Outdoor shots are fine. At this point I think I'll wait and see what other information pops up before rushing for a return... The December OTA software update with 'hopefully' help.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I also get the clicking. Photos are a mix of good and bad. If there is plenty of light they look fantastic, but anything indoors is horrible. I get about a 50/50 of green or red brackets. Its almost like the camera was a half assed after thought. I hope software can fix it but I am not returning my phone over a poor camera. It takes good enough pics for mms LOL. Anything else I use my DSLR for.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Man, I really wish I could EVER get a green corner! I honestly didn't even know it existed until this post. Even outside in bright daylight I still get nothing but red. Oh well, I'll wait and hope for some improvement. :)

R

Roy Aguilera

Man, I really wish I could EVER get a green corner! I honestly didn't even know it existed until this post. Even outside in bright daylight I still get nothing but red. Oh well, I'll wait and hope for some improvement. :)

This is OS related and should get fixed soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy