PLEASE HELP! Droid locked me out

prmamidedos

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just got my new Droid today (thank you to my AWESOME husband) and set up my accounts, settings, etc. and even downloaded some cool apps. I also set up a new lock pattern which I used over and over so I know I didn't forget it. After putting my phone down for a little over an hour, I decided to unlock it only to find that it wouldn't accept my pattern. Lo and behold, I know have to unlock using my Google account info. That's great, but the problem is, it's not accepting that either. I thought maybe I was typing it wrong, but I tried it on my laptop and I KNOW my info is correct. Why did Droid lock me out and what can I do about it?

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There is probably a better solution than the one I'm about to propose...but it's worst case scenario. A trip back to the store might be in order...good thing is that you would get to have the excitement of starting it up for the first time again.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea if the following works; I just copied and pasted from a search. Can't hurt to try I guess.

"You can hard reset your Motorola Droid phone if you want clear all of the data off of the device and start fresh.

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons for about 20 seconds until a yellow triangle appears.

3. Hold down ALT and press W."

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried just popping the battery and rebooting? Without a data reset, I mean?

If that doesn't work, it does sound like you're in for a trip to the store.

Last edited:

prmamidedos

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Spoke to someone from Verizon this morning and found out how to hard reset. Turn phone off, open the keyboard and press x while pressing the power button until you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation point appear. Press the camera button and the volume up button simultaneously until you get a data menu. Using the 5-way pad, scroll down to data reset and click with the D pad. When it is finished resetting, power off and then up again.

PDLTURBO

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Spoke to someone from Verizon this morning and found out how to hard reset. Turn phone off, open the keyboard and press x while pressing the power button until you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation point appear. Press the camera button and the volume up button simultaneously until you get a data menu. Using the 5-way pad, scroll down to data reset and click with the D pad. When it is finished resetting, power off and then up again.

Thanks for the tip! I spoke with 2 different tech's from verizon, oddly both named Justin, both were clueless on the droid.

My daughter was trying to guess my lock code when the phone locked and wanted my Google account info. Only problem was my info would not unlock the phone :mad: I could sign in gmail from any computer, just not the phone. Seriously tried for hours, then found this thread and site and tried the reset...

Was scared that I would have to reload my contacts, but all I had to was activate the phone and plug in my gmail stuff( I did change my password in a futile attempt from a cpu to access before the reset ).

Love the phone! Came from a storm and this is lightyears better.

prmamidedos

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I spoke with 2 different tech's from verizon, oddly both named Justin, both were clueless on the droid.

My daughter was trying to guess my lock code when the phone locked and wanted my Google account info. Only problem was my info would not unlock the phone :mad: I could sign in gmail from any computer, just not the phone. Seriously tried for hours, then found this thread and site and tried the reset...

Was scared that I would have to reload my contacts, but all I had to was activate the phone and plug in my gmail stuff( I did change my password in a futile attempt from a cpu to access before the reset ).

Love the phone! Came from a storm and this is lightyears better.

I think that's a bug with the phone. For some reason, once you've exhausted your pattern lock, it won't let you in with your google info even if it's correct. I have now chosen an easy pattern that I CAN'T forget, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool