Call me crazy but like Moto over Incredible

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I have owned a Moto Droid since it first came out. I tried the Incredible and came back to my Moto. It is just so much more industrial feeling and I missed the keyboard. I can see the screen better in the sunlight and just like straight Android mlore than the sence system. IMHO

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
That's what is cool with the Android phones coming out, they give the customer several flavors to choose from. Unlike the Cupertino based company. ;)

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
droid is like a ice cream shop... they have donut, eclair, froyo, regular droid, and sense...
apple is like...well an old apple...sour and only one nasty flavor...

G

GenericMessage

Your crazy.

Is that indeed his name DA?

lol

Nah, you're not crazy. If you like better battery life, not having to worry about the cheap AMOLED turning into a ghost when outside, having a real keyboard, getting updates BEFORE it, and all the other benefits. If you don't like those benefits? Well, you might just BE crazy lol

R

Roy Aguilera

He asked to be called crazy.:p
Good thing you found the one that works for you.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy but like Moto over Incredible
Why? There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all smartphone. I know fanboys think otherwise and a lot of consumers think newer always means better. However, selecting a smartphone is all about finding what suits you best.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Why? There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all smartphone. I know fanboys think otherwise and a lot of consumers think newer always means better. However, selecting a smartphone is all about finding what suits you best.

I agree with this.

I firmly believe that the device that is right for you is the best one out there. So for some that could be the G1, the Hero, Eris, etc. Regardless of something newer being out, it doesnt always mean its better. Yeah it may have a different processor, more RAM, better screen, but if you arent worried with it all and wont utilize it, then the device you like and utilize daily is the proper one for sure!

G

GenericMessage

I agree with this.

I firmly believe that the device that is right for you is the best one out there. So for some that could be the G1, the Hero, Eris, etc. Regardless of something newer being out, it doesnt always mean its better. Yeah it may have a different processor, more RAM, better screen, but if you arent worried with it all and wont utilize it, then the device you like and utilize daily is the proper one for sure!

Oh you're making Brother Jobs VEEEERRRYYYYY upset!

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same way. I just returned my incredible today to go back to the droid. I feel the droid is more robust and I also like the physical keyboard. Only problem is Verizon couldn't give me cash back they have to mail me a refund check and it will take 3 weeks for me to get it :(

R

Roy Aguilera

The problem I had with the Droid (reason I sold it) is that you run out of memory. I was running cyanogen 5.0.6.2 and if you theme it. You are all out. I need more than the Droid can handle.*

*Apps2Sd did not solve that issue.
Wonder if Froyo will fit in there?:(

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
The problem I had with the Droid (reason I sold it) is that you run out of memory. I was running cyanogen 5.0.6.2 and if you theme it. You are all out. I need more than the Droid can handle.*

*Apps2Sd did not solve that issue.
Wonder if Froyo will fit in there?:(

I can vouch for this. Same thing is happening to me.
I have 11.xx mb free, and that's after removing a couple apps under /system
After running the droid for a while it gets sluggish. And a soft reset is needed.

bdonical

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I went into the Verizon store and played with the incredible for about 25min. It is a sexy phone and I do like the sense UI. However, I realized then that I must have a querty keyboard. Of course I wish the camera on the moto droid was better, and I wish that there was TV out, plus better options for extended batteries, but other than that I am happy with my phone. I hope that next year another high end slider comes out with all those things along with a front facing camera, fm tuner, and a bigger screen. Maybe I am asking for too much, but I know what I want from a phone. Oh yeah, 720p is good too.

R

Roy Aguilera

I had to delete Amazon MP3, Calculator, Corp Cal and Facebook to get it to fit.
Didn't use any of those anyway but still too close for comfort.

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with the Droid and don't think I could really do anything about it at this point if I wanted to switch, but I am very impressed with the Incredible. I would miss the real keyboard (although I still think the Droid's is awful), but I really wish my Droid ran as smoothly as the Incredible does. It's just buttery smooth. The Droid... is not. :(

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Pretty crazy the amount of applications people have installed on their device. I guess my lengthy background in BlackBerry's with limited memory has lead me to be good with management, and app selection, so I don't keep things that I am not using frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech