Light Leakage?

Frambosie

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just a question for everyone. Picked up a droid last night and i notice i can occasionally see a bit of light leakage on the bottom left corner of the screen, just above the touch-sensitive hard buttons. In fact, just above the back button. Anyone experiencing this or is this a problem with my handset? Thanks!

hellboy2232

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just a question for everyone. Picked up a droid last night and i notice i can occasionally see a bit of light leakage on the bottom left corner of the screen, just above the touch-sensitive hard buttons. In fact, just above the back button. Anyone experiencing this or is this a problem with my handset? Thanks!

I have that on mine too.. Its just when the four soft keys are lit though..Seen it like that in a couple vids too

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I see a a little light when I look a directly down on the top of the device. Nothing to be worried about honestly. Unless of course you can see it by looking directly facing your screen.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I swapped my Droid out today. The first one definitely exhibited this, but the second one did not. That's not why I exchanged it, but there was definitely a difference between the two. The first one I could see light leakage to the left and right of center if I looked at it at the slightest angle. The second one doesn't do that.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I just got my Droid today, and I can see light leakage if I tilt the phone

downwards. Would you say its normal, as long as you can't see it when its

facing you? or would you go and get a new one?

(By the way, I can take a picture and post it if needed)

Also, I just called Verizon. The lady I talked to in tech support, just told me she looked at

three phones and they all have light leakage if you tilt the phone and look downward at the screen.

Last edited:

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
light leakage normal?

I was just on the phone with Verizon CS also a few stores,

they told me, every Droid they looked at, had light leakage when

the for touch buttons were lit up. Can everyone chime in and tell me if yours is also like this?

(I can get pictures if needed)

Last edited:

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Pictures below.

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts