Picture messaging (MMS) Error: "you have entered an invalid address"

Are you having with mms?

• Total voters

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I just wanted to post this here as well so I could get more people's info and feedback. Are other people having this problem?

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61282
I just spent two hours on the phone with Verizon Customer support as well. It is the weirdest thing.
CAN send to AT&T iPhone
CAN send to Verizon Droid
CAN send to Verizon LG (old phone)
CAN send to the Customer Service Persons's Verizon Black Berry

But what started this off is:
CAN'T send to friend's Verizon Blackberry Curve
CAN'T send to friend's Verizon Blackberry 8330
CAN'T send to friend's Verizon Blackberry 8703
CAN'T send to friend's Verizon LG Versa

when attempting to send to those phones I get the error messge "you have entered an invalid address".

All of those phones are in the same area code (my local one) and I have sent mms picture messages to all of those numbers previously with my old Palm Treo 700wx on the same Verizon plan.

I'm also able to receive picture messages from the phones which I CANNOT send to.

Hope this offers more details to Motorla. The verizon customer support tech had mentioned that motorola had a planned software push for December 11 which mentioned mms support. She couldn't be more detailed about this but I'm hoping Motorola could confirm this.

Last edited:

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I probably should have stated that I'm able to receive MMS messages from all of the phones which I CANNOT send to. I've added that into the motorola thread as well.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I have one contact that I get the "invalid address" error with. It has nothing to do with the device I'm sure as I get MMS and can send to anyone else just fine. Weird though indeed.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Just an update: talked with Verizon. Seems to be, at least for me, it's all T-Mobile numbers that are giving me that error. They opened up a trouble ticket. It will be fixed... eventually.

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I cannot send any MMS messages at all. I always get errors. I dont know what it is but that is to VZW and ATT customers right now. So I am not sure what the issue is.

Anyone have any suggestions at all?

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting in the notification window "You Have Entered An Invalid Address", WTF does that mean? It is there mobile number what I put in there as normal.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If any of you have these issues - call Verizon. The more reports they get of MMS issues the quicker it will get addressed.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I cannot send any MMS messages at all. I always get errors. I dont know what it is but that is to VZW and ATT customers right now. So I am not sure what the issue is.

Anyone have any suggestions at all?

Are you getting the "invalid address" error or something else?

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It says invalid address, in the notifications bar.

When I go to the message it just has the red triangle with ! and says message not sent. Does not tell me exactly what it is the issue though.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It says invalid address, in the notifications bar.

When I go to the message it just has the red triangle with ! and says message not sent. Does not tell me exactly what it is the issue though.

Call Verizon so they are aware of the issue. Mine that only with T-Mobile numbers for whatever reason.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you read what I and others had posted on the Motorola forum we had the same issues where it was acting very inconsistent. Would work when I sent to AT&T iPhones, not when I sent to some VZW and would when I sent to other VZW phones. I had them replace the phone and it fixed all the issues. I know it doesn't make sense... but it did so if you can't get passed it I would have them replace the device as well.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you read what I and others had posted on the Motorola forum we had the same issues where it was acting very inconsistent. Would work when I sent to AT&T iPhones, not when I sent to some VZW and would when I sent to other VZW phones. I had them replace the phone and it fixed all the issues. I know it doesn't make sense... but it did so if you can't get passed it I would have them replace the device as well.

It has starting working for some that had the issue with no changes... seems to be a Verizon issue and not a hardware issue. I just checked that thread of yours again and there are a few posts of people who have swapped devices and they still have the issue. You seem to have gotten lucky. Verizon issue people. Don't freak out thinking your phone is faulty.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah see the that those other cases have now popped up. Very weird issue. Glad to have gotten lucky and hopefully the issue will be fixed for everyone soon. Nothing is more frustrating than inconsistancies.

rainbowbrite812

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
ok, so the one tmobile number that i know off hand was able to receive my mms. i don't mms often, but will try the other people i mms in the next few days...they're both verizon. hopefully no problems!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
my friend had the issue where he couldn't send mms to me, but could receive them.

he reset the phone and it's apparently working now, don't know if his reset was helpful in any way, but if you're having the problem, it couldn't hurt to try... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888