Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Lets pick your post apart since you don't read:

Lol okay fine. You can believe what you want. His name is Black_mannX on twitter (or something like that). He works for Verizon and has proven time and time again to be reliable, both in Android and Blackberry aspects.

Never heard of him and that is saying something since I tend to keep up around the dev and leaker community.

And you obviously have no idea how testing works. Motorola gets it first and THEN sends it to Verizon who then pushes it out to the end-user. You kind of answered that in your post lol

I've come to the conclusion that you don't read... This is EXACTLY what I said... So saying I have no idea how testing and development works is total bull****.

Nah nah nah nah!

What are you, five?

I have no reason to lie about this lol

Yes actually you do... To try to look like you "know" people and are some sort of internet showoff/badass... Well you have proven that you know **** and act like a five year old so good luck with that.

Furthermore

Anyone can tweet... In fact I just tweeted that I got a test build of android 10... It turns water into wine and prints money...

Because tweeting means its real... Right?

Hehe you're funny. I reallyyy don't have to prove anything to you. I know what I read and he's a reliable source of information. Sorry you're such a pessimist :/

But for all of you who AREN'T ****ing douches, 2.2 is on some tester's Verizon Moto Droids and it apparently runs great! :D

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Hehe you're funny. I reallyyy don't have to prove anything to you. I know what I read and he's a reliable source of information. Sorry you're such a pessimist :/

But for all of you who AREN'T ****ing douches, 2.2 is on some tester's Verizon Moto Droids and it apparently runs great! :D

Stang I understand that your probably a bit annoyed with his post but try to ignore it. I'd be pissed too but the admins don't need to come in here multiple times to address issues like this because they might ban you for adding fuel to the fire. He isn't adding much to this thread plus he has been banned already so he is already on their $h!+ list. I don't want you to get put on it too for some punk antagonizing you. Just try to ignore him.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I dont understand where any of the drama is coming from. Its simple.

2.2 is out there floating in lucky hands. It has key identifiers as to who has it, so there are no leaks, because no one is willing to lose their job over it.

Doesn't need to be a pissing match, or anything else beyond the fact that it is around, we will see it, and hopefully sooner then later :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
this will be my last response that is off topic (i do apologize). So cisco, are you the guy who posted about the Evo under the name "delete2end" because between 2 similiarities i have observed would bring me to that conlcusion.

That was a pretty good guess.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I dont understand where any of the drama is coming from. Its simple.

2.2 is out there floating in lucky hands. It has key identifiers as to who has it, so there are no leaks, because no one is willing to lose their job over it.

Doesn't need to be a pissing match, or anything else beyond the fact that it is around, we will see it, and hopefully sooner then later :)

i could not agree with you any more. im surprised that nobody has made a video or something to show off the features and leave out any part that could identify them. usually that would have been floating around by now but either it's use is strictly in house and in house only or Verizon has done a really good job of scaring the be-jesus out of their reps if they get caught leaking info haha

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
it is internal, (above a store level) and yes, Verizon reps are scared, and being randomly searched according to my friend. They are buckling down on the information leaks

C

cookiemawnster

Aren't I sooo badass, guys!?! :p

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here but honestly you have shown no proof of what you are saying other than "I know a guy" this argument can only go so far for us former blackberry users (I've heard the I know a guy that works for Verizon or Sprint or whatever provider so many times its not even funny) and that point has been reached.

We all know the source goes to vendors first but we do not know who has it or who is messing with it at this point but it is not unheard of for vendors to get it this early so I'm not saying you are lying here I'm just saying that proof speaks louder than words.

G

GenericMessage

SO ANYWAY

This thread has derailed into oblivion.

So I bet 2.2 will drop right after the Droid 2 does in June. Any takers?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i think it would be in verizon's interest to do it that way (though i hope they release it before) because it could increase sales on the droid but lose sales on the droid 2 since people will be on a new 2 year contract with the droid. anything's possible.

i just want a solid 2.2 rom. i would easily settle with that haha

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here but honestly you have shown no proof of what you are saying other than "I know a guy" this argument can only go so far for us former blackberry users (I've heard the I know a guy that works for Verizon or Sprint or whatever provider so many times its not even funny) and that point has been reached.

We all know the source goes to vendors first but we do not know who has it or who is messing with it at this point but it is not unheard of for vendors to get it this early so I'm not saying you are lying here I'm just saying that proof speaks louder than words.

I 100% agree with you there. Having been a Blackberry use for 3 years, I know how the "pics or it didn't happen" thing all too well. I saw this information from a person who I know is a reliable source and thought I would let the Droid community know the good news. No, I have no "real" proof other than the people at Crackberry and TBZ vouching for Black_manX, as well. I just thought I would spread the good news that *I* know is real.

Just don't attack someone next time they claim something. They could be right, even without "hard evidence"...

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
From a marketing perspective (getting the greatest number of folks to spend their money on Droid 2), I would think that they would wait until a good couple of months after Droid 2 ships before updating our Droids to 2.2.

cookiemawnster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I 100% agree with you there. Having been a Blackberry use for 3 years, I know how the "pics or it didn't happen" thing all too well. I saw this information from a person who I know is a reliable source and thought I would let the Droid community know the good news. No, I have no "real" proof other than the people at Crackberry and TBZ vouching for Black_manX, as well. I just thought I would spread the good news that *I* know is real.

Just don't attack someone next time they claim something. They could be right, even without "hard evidence"...

I understand he may be a reliable source to you but the whole reliable source and people vouching for them is also something that was over used in the blackberry community.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I understand he may be a reliable source to you but the whole reliable source and people vouching for them is also something that was over used in the blackberry community.

and the reality is that he is just a random user name on a public forum to the rest of us, but i hope he's right.

besides only a fool would trust a Ford owner :p

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
From a marketing perspective (getting the greatest number of folks to spend their money on Droid 2), I would think that they would wait until a good couple of months after Droid 2 ships before updating our Droids to 2.2.
Carriers make their money on service -- not on device sales.

G

GenericMessage

Carriers make their money on service -- not on device sales.

I think he mean't that.

Can't make money on the service without buying the device right?

Also, buying huge amounts of of a specific device is good for Verizon (other than extending many contracts). It shows to the manufacturer that Verizon can properly market, carry, and sell their devices, making the manufacturer more likely to go with them in the future.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
God, do I hope we're allowed to use the mobile hotspot feature in Froyo without VZW getting their paws on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad