Help needed urgently

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
just today, my phone just auto adjusts its default volume to maximum automatically. i tried to tune it down, but it just doesn't seem to work, the volume will be automatically tuned to the max again!

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!
As i am a student, if i am unable to control the volume, a sudden ringing in class will bound to get me into deep trouble.

I tried uninstalling any recent applications that i installed, i checked the volume adjustment button, nothing seems to be wrong.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED! URGENTLY NEEDED! THANKS ALOT!

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Have you tried restarting your phone (obvious but you didn't say you did).
And if it'll get you in trouble, just shut it off until you fix it.

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
are you maybe accidentally sliding left instead of right on the lock screen once in a while, so instead of unlocking you set the volume to max?

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
i tried doing all the above, restarting the phone, shutting it off for a few hrs, sounds and display menu edit, still the same problem. regarding thr sliding on lock screen, it isnt the silent mode fault, i always turn it to silent mode when in school.

for example, when you manually increase the volume, it will move first from no sound to vibration only to increase in sounds level. however, mine will auto do the above motion and i am really troubled what to do with it!

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
i tried doing all the above, restarting the phone, shutting it off for a few hrs, sounds and display menu edit, still the same problem. regarding thr sliding on lock screen, it isnt the silent mode fault, i always turn it to silent mode when in school.

for example, when you manually increase the volume, it will move first from no sound to vibration only to increase in sounds level. however, mine will auto do the above motion and i am really troubled what to do with it!

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
the most recent one is a voice recorder app. i uninstalled the recent week apps i installed and the problem still exist. i am guessing its either the internal part/hardware area of the volume increase/decrease button that is faulty, or the s/w that's screwed up. frustrated really, almost got my phone confiscated when it rang during lecture.

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried the app Quick Profiles? I love it and haven't toggled my ringer volume in months. It works much like Blackberry's profiles.

I also wonder, have you ever considered (dare I say) turning your phone off when in class?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
the most recent one is a voice recorder app. i uninstalled the recent week apps i installed and the problem still exist. i am guessing its either the internal part/hardware area of the volume increase/decrease button that is faulty, or the s/w that's screwed up. frustrated really, almost got my phone confiscated when it rang during lecture.

If you don't mind, could you list all your current apps installed?

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

just take it to a vzw store when u have time. id say u tried everything

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
yup im using a task killer. Advanced Task Killer Free. basically tried everything but no use, pretty sure ain't the apps cos its a recent problem. i suspect its a s/w problem though.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
It's usually an app problem. An app could ve forcing it's own volume upon your device. Could be the task killer too. I recommend you don't use task killers, they nearly always cause issues.

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
i tried uninstalling the task killer and the problem still exist.
kinda frustrated alr, so if i wanna do a hard reset of the phone how should i go about doing it?
also, if i wanna bring to it service, i will need to transfer my contacts over to another phone. however i don't see the option in the import/export function. may i know any way i am able to do it?

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
okay latest update, i did a hard reset of the phone, the problem still exist. i guessing its the hardware problem most probably for now. shall bring the phone to service tmr. but urgent help needed again, how do i transfer my contacts to another phone, like eg: a blackberry or Sonyericssion?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
okay latest update, i did a hard reset of the phone, the problem still exist. i guessing its the hardware problem most probably for now. shall bring the phone to service tmr. but urgent help needed again, how do i transfer my contacts to another phone, like eg: a blackberry or Sonyericssion?

Login into your gmail account and look under your contacts section, they'll all be there. I believe google has an export function. Just select that, and you can transfer onto a phone that supports vcards.