headset jack stops playing music... zuh?

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
<<.<<

>>.>>

M'kay...

Insert 3.5mm post into 3.5mm port.... check
Open music player... check
Play music... check
Tap headset jack.......... music pauses...

It is repeatable, but not every time. Thoughts?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
It's a known issue with the droid. Mine does it a lot now, never used to that much. I guess after a couple drops it starts to become worse? :p

timber

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is caused by using a set of headphones without a mic. The connection on most phones has a third contact for the mic, and when you use headphones without it strange things happen. My wife's erris was unusable with any normal headphones, but works great since we bought a pair with a mic at Radio Shack. My Droid is not as bad, and I use it quite a bit with her old ones, but it will still cause a pause or skip at times if it hit the connection.

Tim

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
@Jorge, I haven't experienced it yet through the speaker; if it is through the speaker it doesn't necessarily rule out hardware; could be a short in the mute circuit somewhere that's intermittent. Vibrations from the speaker could nudge it just right. Curious...

@timber, I'm using a headset with microphone and mute/answer button, so that's a no go (at least in my case).

The more I think about it, the more I feel it has to be a hardware issue in the mute circuit somewhere. I fiddled and I found that I can start the music again by pressing the mute button as if I had just pressed it to pause the music to begin with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney