Am I typing too fast for the virtual keyboard????

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Got an interesting issue. I have been playing with and trying to get used to the virtual keyboard. Sometimes I get in a very fast typing groove. The keys pop out as if I am pressing them, but typing words such as you come out as u. It seems like it is missing the first letters of some words, then the recognition places a whole other word there.

Are there keyboard settings that I need to adjust, or am I doing something wrong here? :confused:

Let me also add, occasionally while typing on it, it disappears.

Last edited:

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
This was happening a bit to me too. Not so much, but I've definitely encountered it. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the keyboard doesn't support multitouch yet (as seen in sal's vid).

elemeno0pee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It definitely doesn't support multitouch yet (why the hell?)

Regarding the fact that the keyboard disappears on you... I believe swiping your finger from the top of the keyboard to the bottom of the keyboard causes it to "slide down" and out of view. You might be going from a key like "O" to "V" without lifting your finger up enough and that's enabling the gesture to hide the keyboard.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have run into problems with not lifting my fingers enough. I have slid my keyboard away and typed a bunch of random letters. I think thats the issue. Wasnt the Droid supposed to have multitouch?

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If that's the case I definitely hope they fix the lack of multi touch. Apparently the feature is available on Droids released in Europe if I'm not mistaken. This slide to close is tricky. Thank you guys for the explanations, definitely makes sense. Hopefully a software update improved on it.

CUlaw78

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This is happening to me too and its driving me crazy. I hate having to slow down to a snail's pace just to type a text. Its rediculous.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Put on the haptic feedback if you haven't already. I find it's been helpful in letting my fingers know that I've hit the right number of keys. For example when typing "google" without it on, I would frequently type "gogle" because I didn't realize I hadn't hit the "o" twice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon