Lagging alot lately?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice their Droid lagging alot lately? I do have the HelixLauncher2 installed but the whole device is lagging bad.

Is the HelixLauncher2 really that much of a resource hog?? sometimes my device will freeze for a few seconds and then slowly scroll between screens.

seems that once everything is 'cached', the device is smooth..but sometimes it can get laggy.

I dont experience this at all on my Droid Incredible..is it really because of the 2x memory? I doubt the 1ghz is making that much of a diff because like I said, once everything is 'cached' the device is smooth.. seems like a lack of ram or something.

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
This was happening to me with the live wallpapers on. I went back to a normal wallpaper and also disabled Helix's ability to reorient the homescreen between portrait and landscape (since it would lag there and take time to reload all the widgets).

It is running a lot smoother now.

Granted, thats just disabling things and not actually fixing anything, but it works and I dont really care about screen orientation.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
one thing I've noticed is that sometimes the icons/widgets take awhile to appear.. does this mean that the HL2 has crashed and is reloading? or is it just that slow to reload the icons/widgets?

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It's just HL2 being slow reloading them, it's why I stopped using it. It seems to me that HL2 is just all around slow, it looks nice, but it's slow.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Helix2 is just slow, really nice, but overall slow.
Ruqqq is trying to work together with the creater of that LauncherPro. Imagine a fast ass helix2. That would be badass.
'Nuff said

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with Helix. I am currently rooted and running ADW. It's not the fastest, but it's a lot faster than Helix ever was. LauncherPro is also blazing fast.

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really noticed much lag, even with Helix. But I haven't had it installed for very long, so we'll see how it goes in the long run.

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep my droid has been pretty laggy recently. I'm not running anything crazy or any launchers. The other day the phone started ringing, and it too two rings or so for the answer screen (where you swip to answer) to appear. For a second I thought I was going to miss the call lol.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm running BB v1.0 at 1.1ghz and Helix 2 still lagged after a while. Remove it and run the default home and you'll notice even after several days, no lag. Even the regular Helix lagged sometimes but for the most part, it was pretty quick. The quickest, smoothest launcher right now is LauncherPro beta hands down. So far after a day and a half of heavy usage - no lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair