1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Default PDANET on MOTO DROID

I went back 3 pages in this forum, and didnt see my answer. So here goes.

Does PDANET still work on the Moto Droid? Is that still be best way to tether, or is there someting better?

Does the update to 2.1 effect tethering using pdanet?

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9-RC1, Stock

Works as far as I know (last time I used it it worked). PDANet is the best way I know of if you're not rooted.
    Sweet Nexus Bliss.

PDANet works quite well. At the moment you can root your phone and have it set up like a WiFi hotspot which also works pretty good. In my opinion PDANet works a little better though.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

There's also Easy Tether, a less expensive alternative. It's worked well the little I've used it.

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

PDAnet works great. I use it all the time.

PDANet free works great as long as you dont need access to secure sites, such as a VPN, or any SSL encrypted pages.

otherwise it's a great and free alternative to tethering.. however don't abuse it. Verizon has been watching data usage very closely.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    PDANet free works great as long as you dont need access to secure sites, such as a VPN, or any SSL encrypted pages.

otherwise it's a great and free alternative to tethering.. however don't abuse it. Verizon has been watching data usage very closely.
    It is actually for a customer of mine that has a BB but wants to tether still. So the data will basically be the same from month to month.

PDANet says it supports VPN. Does it not? I actually downloaded and tethered and the internet is very fast but was unable to get to my work network. I went through the VPN steps and set it up on the phone and it says it's connected to the vpn. Any help would be appreciated.
    PRC

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Works last time I used it.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP.toro.build.25

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2ND View Post
    It is actually for a customer of mine that has a BB but wants to tether still. So the data will basically be the same from month to month.
    For Blackberry's i would recommend tether app (aka tetherberry) It usually goes on sale for 50% off. I bought it when it was 20 bucks and it was solid. Worked very well with my netbook.