I need help rooting a droid, today! :(

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm visiting my friend for a day, and he's complaining a lot about his og droid slowing down. I've decided to root for him and install CM7 for him, however I have not done either of these things for my own phone yet, so this is my first root.

Can someone recommend the easiest method to root? and then any tips on installing cm7 would also be appreciated. Thanks AC community!

edit: I have already downloaded superoneclick and am ready to use it. I've turned debugging on and am using the factory supplied usb cable.

Last edited:

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
well, it took many hours, but I figured out how to get superoneclick working (most of the exploits didn't work), then I got the clockworkmod setup, and then flashed a stable build of CM7, and a rom for the google apps (cannot be included in cm7 anymore). Everything eventually worked, and I feel very accomplished today =]

OjilEye

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
hey congrats OPEC ~
I am actually trying this for the very first time today as well... and having some difficulties. Universal Androot isn't working out for me, I'll give superoneclick a shot...