Contacts not appearing when composing text message

Negleyjj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Droid via Buy One Get One free and my brother being up for an upgrade. I'm not sure if this is a common issue, but it's driving me crazy.

For some reason, when I go to compose a new text message and start typing a name, some people in my contacts won't come up (some are fine). For example, my friend Tommy doesn't show up when I start typing T-o-m, but if I put the first letter of his last name, it comes right up. Another friend doesn't appear when I start typing her first or last name.

This seems really strange to me. In the above example, the first was imported from my Google contacts, and the second was imported from my old phone at the Verizon store, so I doubt the source has anything to do with it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Make sure "Tom's" number is listed in MOBILE. You can't add a contact into a text message if it is listed under HOME, etc.

Negleyjj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i laugh at rim..ha ha ha

This is an issue I'm having with my Droid... never had a similar issue with my Blackberry...

Make sure "Tom's" number is listed in MOBILE. You can't add a contact into a text message if it is listed under HOME, etc.

This seems to have done the trick. Thanks a ton! However, it's still bizarre that he did show up before - while he was listed as work - when I started typing his last name.... Weird.