Help reviving my OG

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am awaiting the G Nex just like a good portion of OG Droid owners, and I need to give my phone a boost. It is on it's last leg. Last night it got really hot and WiFi started acting all crazy, and half the time it will not let me answer the phone.

I am thinking of wiping, and going back to stock. Anyone tried this to solve any of their issues? I am currently running Bugless Beast.

I just need it to hang on for another 3 weeks or so (I hope.)

Bad_Robot

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. I have tried just about everything at this point. Gonna give MIUI a try right now. Doing a full wipe to see if it helps.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have run MIUI before, and thought it was neat, but ran into some issue after running it a while. This seems to be the issue with me and every ROM these days. Runs smooth for about a few days, then the problems arise. That is why I was thinking stock. :(

RobSagat

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly would just go back to a rooted stock version. That way you can still get extra functionality of root, and stock should give you less problems in the next few weeks. It may not get you every bell and whistle, but like you said, it'll help you hang on for a few weeks. Occasionally what helps out for me when my roms start to get quirky as well is a fresh install of it. Sometimes that seems to help clear out any bugs that may have accumulated. War Eagle to ya, and I hope you get that GNex sooner rather than later.

Reactions: auburngirl

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have read it is good to do a factory reset before installing any ROM, so I am resetting and going back to rooted stock. I really need to keep my wireless tether.

Come on OG! Hang in there baby. Only a month or so to go.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have read it is good to do a factory reset before installing any ROM, so I am resetting and going back to rooted stock. I really need to keep my wireless tether.

Come on OG! Hang in there baby. Only a month or so to go.

a factory reset is the equivalent to wiping data/cache which you should do every time you install a new ROM

MIUI is meh...too much like ifone. The one time I tried it it was almost unusable...FC every 5min it seemed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair