Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Opening attachments from Exchange account

I cannot get any attachment to even try to open on the droid from my corporate account. When I click the open button on the attachment it says fetching attachment but never does anything else. i have tried several file types and sizes. None will work. Any ideas? I can get in and out emails to work as well as contacts and calendar with no problems right out of the box. It took about 10 minutes to activate the device and get the exchange account setup.

You're not alone. I'm getting the same results here. Anyone have this working?

I thought I read somewhere about going into the email, account settings, incoming messages, and looking at the security type. Supposedly changing it from SSL to SSL (Accept all certificates) did something. However I can't find the thread now, and none of that makes any real sense to me. Hopefully you can get it going soon!

this is what I had to do, I am running a program called Touchdown. it will open the attachments. with out any problems there is a 5 day free sample. Also I find the email, calendar, contacts and tasks all in one place for my corporate email to be nice. Also it shows the emails in HTML and looks good. Like it better than the default that came with my phone

Thanks, you pointed me in the right direction. I already had "Accept all SSL certificates" checked. So I unchecked it and I can now view attachments. Go figure. Works great though.

I have the 5 day trial of touchdown installed, but for some reason I can only see my Inbox, not all my other folders.

I don't use touchdown... I only use the standard came-with-the-phone app and it works fine

What type of attachments are you talking about? I can't open documents, but that's cause I haven't gotten Docs2Go yet, but pictures work fine.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default Exchange/Droid FAQ

This may help.

I can’t download attachments.
    Uncheck “Accept All SSL Certificates” and/or “Use secure connection (SSL)”. You may need to have your IT guys remove the SSL requirement from your phone.

Default I can't download atachments

Uncheck Accept All SSL Certificates and/or Use secure connection (SSL). You may need to have your IT guys remove the SSL requirement from your phone.[/QUOTE]

This works. Just uncheck both boxes. I did it and attachments all open easily.

I have to leave Use secure connection (SSL) checked because SSL is required for our Exchange server but unchecking Accept All SSL Certificates made attachments start working.