Keyboard Issue... Just me?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I think I may have encountered this, but it was only once or twice and I had just assumed that I had accidentally clicked above the keyboard...

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
No I haven't done a battery pull... will that help? or are you saying battery pulls mess the phone up? lol

Oh sorry i figured you were a previous blackberry owner , if not you would have gotten the joke lol , yes i suggest doing a battery pull that should fix it.

jskd82

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you watch the end of the video, where the numeric keypad comes up, you can see that my finger wasn't even close to the button to change it to numeric and also in the beginning you can see when I press the a it lights up the numeric button.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
did you try the battery pull?

for this phone, you don't have to physically pull the battery, just hold down the power button, click turn off, wait a second and hold it down again to turn it on.

on blackberry's we had to do this since they never shut off completely unless you took out the battery

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah just tried shutting the phone of and turning it back on....still doing it :(

Im thinking its the placement of your fingers you must be hitting something and causing it to do it lol idk , go into keyboard options and turn on heptics when you are using the virtual keys , that setting seems to keep me on track.

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Does the keyboard only disappear in virtual landscape mode? I know it disappears once the slider is opened which might be the cause.

jskd82

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Does the keyboard only disappear in virtual landscape mode? I know it disappears once the slider is opened which might be the cause.

Yes it only does it in landscape. After messing with it more, I can see the characters popping up when I hit the button but they don't register and I get a lot of skipped characters.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes it only does it in landscape. After messing with it more, I can see the characters popping up when I hit the button but they don't register and I get a lot of skipped characters.

It is verry possible you are typing too fast for the non multi touch keyboard.

jskd82

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok I disabled comments on the video because Droid fanboys were talking ****. I am not trying to bash the droid just trying to see if I have a defective phone or if others out there have the same problem, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith