So i unmounted the SD card in settings now i cant figure out how to remount it , any ideas ?
    reliedeasis likes this.
    11-08-2009 03:31 PM
    Don't have a droid handy, so I'll go the easy route. reboot the phone
    11-08-2009 03:41 PM
    the only way is to reboot the phone
    11-08-2009 03:51 PM
    Rebooting the phone was the only way I could figure out. I probably hit the same button as you to unmount it.
    11-08-2009 03:51 PM
    Mine seems to remount on its own not sure how and why but it does.
    11-08-2009 03:52 PM
    If you hit the button in settings->storage you're actually running a linux umount command. What will need done after that would be to run the mount -o -rw,remount -t command on the sd card. I know taking out the card and re-inserting it works, unless you've flucked up the automount script (I'm sure you haven't), and rebooting the phone calls automount.

On the Hero I have here in my hands, the only way I can see to remount the card AFTER you've manually unmounted is to open a term and remount it, or remove/reinsert, or reboot. Looks like the option to unmount it is only when you want to remove without powering down.

If you mount/unmount from the notification bar (as when you plug in to your pc) it runs a more friendly script that gives you the option to unmount from device and mount to the computer, and unmount from computer then remount on device.

Short version - unless you're going to remove the sd card, don't use that button
    11-08-2009 04:14 PM
    If you hit the button in settings->storage you're actually running a linux umount command. What will need done after that would be to run the mount -o -rw,remount -t command on the sd card. I know taking out the card and re-inserting it works, unless you've flucked up the automount script (I'm sure you haven't), and rebooting the phone calls automount.

On the Hero I have here in my hands, the only way I can see to remount the card AFTER you've manually unmounted is to open a term and remount it, or remove/reinsert, or reboot. Looks like the option to unmount it is only when you want to remove without powering down.

If you mount/unmount from the notification bar (as when you plug in to your pc) it runs a more friendly script that gives you the option to unmount from device and mount to the computer, and unmount from computer then remount on device.

Short version - unless you're going to remove the sd card, don't use that button

Thanks for the info lol ,im a pc guy so 1/2 the stuff you just said went out the window lol, but i got what i needed from it lol thanks for the info
    11-08-2009 04:15 PM
    Yea, very technical, but good to know.
    11-08-2009 04:17 PM
    lol. Sorry...replace the instances where I say "unmount, remount, and mount" with "using the removable device icon in the tray on your windows machine to connect and disconnect". Same basic theory.
    11-08-2009 05:08 PM
    Try connecting your ERIS to your PC via a USB cable, you could see options on the top bar "mount" or "unmount". Now click on mount. It would display a message to turn off the storage. Click ok and you're all set.
    01-27-2010 02:49 PM
    Actually @gbhil I believe I
    flucked up the automount script
    for my SD card, would you mind reexplaining how to manually do it in a terminal?
    05-11-2011 11:32 AM
    when you go into settings/storage theres where you can hit "unmount SD card" then after it unmounts it changes to "mount SD card" so you can re-mount it, or is your phone not doing this??
    05-14-2011 09:58 AM
    Rebooting the phone was the only way I could figure out. I probably hit the same button as you to unmount it.
    05-22-2011 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD