doubleTwist Syncing with iTunes solution

Prototype

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else tried this yet.

After mounting my droid to my laptop I dragged and dropped my iTunes tracks to the amazonmp3 folder.

voila!!!

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Double Twist

I tried Motorola Media and it really is lame. I use drag and drop through Windows Explorer after I Mount the SD card to the PC. I find it much easier and faster than synching.;)

chipwich

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been using iTunes and iTunes Agent on my laptop to sync with my Droid. Since I've only got 7 GB of music and podcasts on my laptop, I created a playlist in iTunes to contain everything. This works pretty well, but I would be much happier if Media Player could catch podcasts. Then I could get away from installing iTunes on my PC to manage media. IMO Media Player does a pretty good job of managing the media library, it just doesn't have a podcatcher.

Beter: why doesn't Google have an applet to manage media and catch podcasts like iTunes? IMO, that would go a _long_ way to make Android more accessible to the masses. doubletwist, iTunes Agent, and Media Link look like good options, but they still rely on other programs, like iTunes, to catch podcasts.

Last edited:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've been using iTunes and iTunes Agent on my laptop to sync with my Droid. Since I've only got 7 GB of music and podcasts on my laptop, I created a playlist in iTunes to contain everything. This works pretty well, but I would be much happier if Media Player could catch podcasts. Then I could get away from installing iTunes on my PC to manage media. IMO Media Player does a pretty good job of managing the media library, it just doesn't have a podcatcher.

Beter: why doesn't Google have an applet to manage media and catch podcasts like iTunes? IMO, that would go a _long_ way to make Android more accessible to the masses. doubletwist, iTunes Agent, and Media Link look like good options, but they still rely on other programs, like iTunes, to catch podcasts.

For podcasts, download Google's Listen app from the Market. It has good search capabilities and will automatically download your subscribed podcasts. It needs a bit of polish, but it works fine.

chipwich

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
For podcasts, download Google's Listen app from the Market. It has good search capabilities and will automatically download your subscribed podcasts. It needs a bit of polish, but it works fine.

Well, I thought about that, but decided that since I subscribe to around 35 podcasts, that I'd rather do the downloading on my loptop. I've got a high speed cable from Comcast, and iTunes can get them pretty quickly.

However, I suppose that I could use Listen, as long as I was connected to WiFi. Might be worth a try. Some of the podcasts are pretty big, like 70MB.

One more thing that I figured out today, is to use Google Reader to add the podcasts as a feed. Then I could listen to them add-hoc on the Droid with the browser. That wouldn't work for a batch download, but works pretty well just to grab one on the fly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos