1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Default Moto Shadow

i will be getting this. i like the droid but its a lil heavy for my liking. i received this as a gift from vzw for troubles i had with my blackberry and fighting with them and rim tech aswell as vzw store idiots. didnt count against my upgrade either. so ith my upgrade here im going to get this shadow. and sell my droid.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I'm getting one also will make a great upgrade much better in my mind than the incredible
    Rooted for life
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i was thinking about getting the incredible, but now i am glad i held off. the only dealbreaker will be if you cant turn off the motoblur, but early rumors suggest you can
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    I'm getting one also will make a great upgrade much better in my mind than the incredible
    From what i been reading the processor is just as good as the snapdragon but will save u battery life. that and the slim look. i like.

There's a thread for the Shadow.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-shadow/
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Me also yes the processor is underrated the snapdragon at this point just has mind share that's it. I would take the nvidia chip prior to a snapdragon
    Rooted for life
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    i was thinking about getting the incredible, but now i am glad i held off. the only dealbreaker will be if you cant turn off the motoblur, but early rumors suggest you can
    You haven't been able to turn off motoblur on anything thus far why would they start now.

I like the Shadow, but will not get it because of Motoblur. It's a stupid UI, as far as I'm concerned. I don't need it, and I don't want it.

Does the Shadow have a front facing camera??
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

I've never used motoblur but it doesn't look that bad. I'm considering the incredible with sense and they seem similar.

What's so terrible about motoblur?

Quote Originally Posted by solideliquid View Post
    I've never used motoblur but it doesn't look that bad. I'm considering the incredible with sense and they seem similar.

What's so terrible about motoblur?
    Motoblur imo looks like it was made for a child. Sense at least looks nice, but I feel stock is the only way to go. Too bad it seems the manufacturers don't feel the same way.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Bloom View Post
    Motoblur imo looks like it was made for a child. Sense at least looks nice, but I feel stock is the only way to go. Too bad it seems the manufacturers don't feel the same way.
    i have to agree that i do like stock better than sense and the current motoblur. I can't make an opinion on the newer version of it since i havent even really seen it. The Manufacturers have a strong point by not making it stock though and that on the idea that they have a device out with somthing that nobody else can use. Look at sense, no other phone aside from htc has sense (i would mention zeus droid but we all know that idea has already evaporated). But there is a work around for us "stock" fans, and that is the ability to switch between the 2. like the desire and the evo for example. you can turn sense off and use stock. i dont know if that will allow android updates like froyo + but it would be pretty sick if you could and switch to whatever you want

Sense can't really be turned off on those phones though, it just ditches the launcher. You still have all the sense widgets, the sense notification bar, and everything else in sense. Any of the home screen replacements work the same as the built-in turning off of sense and they work on all the HTC phones, not just the EVO, Legend, and Desire.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

are u positive because from what i have heard you can literally shut off sense and go to stock on both the Desire and Legen (only 2 phones currently out that can do it) Evo will be able to once it is released. i have see on site where they get a hands on with the EVO anbd they shut it off right there. it was stock android

I guess you're right on the widgets part, they don't show up. The notification bar and icons are still the sense ones though which I don't really understand. You can see it in the article here.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You haven't been able to turn off motoblur on anything thus far why would they start now.
    b/c its a different demographic that will be attracted to the shadow than the other phones that have motoblur on them. and it isnt unheard of; for example, as other posters mentioned, you can turn off sense on the DI